My Corsa B: Doubty McDoubtface

Split_Pin

I can't help but ex gf had one of these and I loved it - there's something about the sound of a three.

I suspect most blokes would love their girls to have one too as those engines do have a very distinct sound. Plenty of warning notice that she's back in order to shove the mistress ouf the back door... well thats the theory anyway

Our 1.2 was doing the same until I changed the EGR last week. The exhaust gas comes out the back of the valve through a metal pipe to the inlet. To test it you could un bolt the flange joint and insert a bit of coke tin to temporarily block the exhaust recirculation.

I was going to try this until I found the easy way to read fault codes on the Corsa C

A coil pack is most likely but a cheap code reader to confirm a misfire code would be a good idea

True, but if I had no diagnostic kit and came to a car running like the one in the video the first thing I'd do is swap a different coil pack onto it. Two bolts and one connector...

Coil pack or plugs, One of the fairly new NGK plugs fitted to the Favorit had developed a crack in the insulator, so spark was going everywhere, plug changed, and now ran sweetly until the alternator decided it didn't like being an alternator anymore

Massive bollocks! Spent £50 on a brand new EGR valve, which was a Cnut to fit, and the car is still the same! Emergency Facebook plea in action for a coil pack now. If that doesn't work then it's off to the garage with it. Bloody motors!

Fucksticks

IainL, on 25 Mar 2016 - 1:55 PM, said:

Ok it seems 3 cyl Coil packs are UNOBTAINUM in Central Scotland! I need this car working for Tuesday to get me to work!

Erroneous Car Parts have em for 70 bills. Is there one anywhere near you?

Well fuck.

Replaced the coil pack and had a spare new spark plug, fitted that and it was running grand.

Took it for a short drive and within 5 mins the temp needle was making a run for the red, went up alarmingly fast.

Coasted to a halt and cut the engine before it got any higher than in the picture but looks like it's HGF.

Apart from some Mayo condensation on the oil cap, which has been there for years, there are no other signs of HGF. The water level has sunk a bit but I think that's because I haven't driven it since refilling the cooling system. Oil on dipstick is fine, no smoke, just the overheating 😭🔫

Amazing how NO passers by, some known to me as I am on a road not far from home, have stopped to say "you ok m8".

post-3238-0-41800200-1459596664_thumb.jpeg

post-3238-0-62546900-1459596704_thumb.jpeg

post-3238-0-79129100-1459597395_thumb.jpeg

Did you warm it up before you took it out? 5 minutes seems alarmingly quick for it to overheat, unless the 'stat is shagged or it popped a hose or something. Could it be an airlock after you refilled the coolant system?