Perodua Nippa GX - NOW ROFFLED OFFLED

Station

I still have it, my mum said I should give it to my niece who is taking her lessons in September but I can get her something else. It's parked SORNed on my mums driveway atm.

I'm not sure how similar it is to a Uno but the suspension on coilovers is solid. It's uber-reliable and unbeatable around town though. I plan on putting MGF seats in as the bucket seats are a bit too retro.

I think it's spot on.

I really do like that.  

• 1 month later...

A quick spin on the wheel of misfortune that is GoCompare sez £1400 sans Big Brother box. A bit much for the size of car. but it's a Daihatsu without the Dai purchase tax, and I can imagine it being a right laugh, so it doesn't put me off. What's the 850 like on fuel?

A quick spin on the wheel of misfortune that is GoCompare sez £1400 sans Big Brother box. A bit much for the size of car.

I was about to ask if you were a criminal or something but I just got quoted £650 which is absurd for a car like this with my details. Go Girl was the cheapest for me. Not sure what to take from that.

After some thought I think I'm going to have to say raffle it I'm afraid, or at least don't hold on for me. For what it is, it costs too much to insure - £1400 without suspension mods declared, with them declared hardly anyone will touch it, and it's £2300(!) minimum, that's three years on a Pride (£740).

I used to have the earlier daihatsu cuore domino , 1986 , C plate . Used to be my mums and she occasionally caned it from Fife to Fareham with a stopover in Wakefield , so when I got it in 95/96 it was a bit krackered , handled like a go-kart , loved it for hooning across town or Major A road , wind it up far enough on the flat and she would stay at 85ish easy ,didn't survive the winter literally popped the radiator on all seams and a few core plugs for good measure . Why didn't she tell me about the lack of anti-freeze ! So tempted to .....but I mustn't ....

• 3 months later...

Has anyone mentioned the Nippa in the 'least desirable' thread? It's a bloody good job Mrs DW loves hers, and I'm starting to think there'll be no chance if we wanted to actually sell it. 

I hate to go on about it, but the Nippa is amazing fun. There aren't many cars that can easily crack 50mpg and be an absolute giggle while they do it.

I hate to go on about it, but the Nippa is amazing fun. There aren't many cars that can easily crack 50mpg and be an absolute giggle while they do it.

I would happily own this, were it not for the fact that I like both my current cars a lot. I used to regularly drive its predecessor, the 600cc Daihatsu Domino, and it was never less than tremendous fun - on that basis I would imagine that this is a grand little car.

When I was about 21 my girlfriend at the time had one of these on a T reg, when T reg was almost new. Bright yellow, the little 3 cylinder engine is amazingly eager and makes a great noise when you're giving it some welly. Many a mile spent white knuckled in the passenger seat because she only drove at two speeds, stopped, and absolutely flat out.

It was almost impossible to sell on back then too, other than PXing it back to the dealer you bought it from.

I really fancy this, so went to get an insurance quote, all silly money, even tried a classic quote as it's 17 years old, nope. Tried getting a quote for my 64 year old mum, who has no NCB (as she's been named on my car for the last few years) but an otherwise impeccable record, cheapest was £377. So I'm oot, with a heavy heart :( . I wonder why they're so expensive to insure? Keep getting put through hedges by giddy kids and old biddies, I guess. I could insure a 3.2 litre Jag X300 for considerably less.

GLWTS.