A35 in black.

cros

I need to sort mine. I should have sorted it before foolishly (heroically?) buying a half-finished Amazon that's spent most of its days in Aberdeen.

The 1100 does lack some of the olde worlde charm of the A35 but for harassing Audi drivers down the back roads it's unbelievably capable.

It's my only car so it deffo gets used!

Been catching up on a few jobs today. Hardcore X rated grease gun action mainly

post-3736-0-83880900-1467496213_thumb.jpeg

post-3736-0-78575700-1467496244_thumb.jpeg

Also got round to sorting the handbrake out, the quadrant teeth and pawl on the lever were both worn.

post-3736-0-05776300-1467496361_thumb.jpeg

Fettled both and it now works and doesn't realise itself when you shut the door

post-3736-0-32963200-1467496428_thumb.jpeg

post-3736-0-72730300-1467496450_thumb.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Crashed it.

No, not really but there was an embarrassing/frustrating encounter with a gate which has broken one of my lovely wing mirrors and put a ding in the wing top. I was massively pissed off but it's not too bad. A mooch at Newark autojumble should hopefully source another one.

Other than that it has just been plodding on quite happily.

post-3736-0-25125100-1475781443_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hi gang,

Not much of note to report. The A35 has been leading a rather boring existence taking me to work, workshop or town without complaint. My wife took it to Uppingham the other day, first time she had been behind the wheel and loved it.

Apart from a regular greasing I've done nowt to it.

post-3736-0-52779800-1486145384_thumb.jpg

It's got a bit of excitement tomorrow as we are off to the inlaws down on the coast so a nice 165 mile jaunt for it.

Had a GR9 drive down, three and half hours door to door, the peanut loved it.

Disappointing amount of chod spotted. A BX estate near Barrett's office - owned by the man himself? - and a right nice French reg Ami on the outskirts of Worthing.

post-3736-0-39136400-1486233216_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I've had this nearly a year and loving it. I've never had anything quite so dependable (says a lot about the shit I've previously driven) nor anything that gets so much attention.

It is getting time for some TLC, one spring hanger in particular is very ropey but apart from that it's not too bad. Any fellow Austineers know where I might obtain a front wing to replace my dinged one?

Decent wings are hard to find, if you want steel you have to repair your existing ones unless you're lucky, or have deep pockets. I think BM sell refurbished ones, and the repair sections to fettle your own. Also, check out a website called Austin Clayton for repair panels.

It's difficult to see from the pictures, but your wing doesn't look TOO fillery - I suppose the decision whether to simply carry out a localised repair to the dented part, or to repair/replace the whole wing depends what the rest of it is like. I replaced the offside front wing on my Somerset last year, with a lucky NOS BMC one I found on ebay. The actual dent (caused when I nodded off at the wheel and drifted into a coned off lane) was relatively small, but the wing was rotten as a pear so it was a good opportunity to get more metal in the car.

Nice one Ruff....

Thanks Dicky, now you've mentioned it I reckon someone who knows their stuff could sort the existing wing out.

Ever done a front, rear spring hanger...? I see Austin Clayton do the bits

Have you ever had anything with so little to go wrong?!

Please let me know if/when you choose to sell though I realise I'm probably at the end of a long queue.

Only pants old Landrovers but I take your point!

What a splendid little car, I do love a Peanut. I had one a few years ago the same as this, sweet 948cc engine, solid body but never got around to putting it back on the road. A mate from Spalding bought it for 250 squids and was delighted with it. He has sold it on but I think it still resides in Lincs. As do I now as I wanted to move away from that there London where I was born and brung up and worked. So if you're ever driving in the area where I now reside (between Spalding and Boston) do trundle onto my drive and come in for a slice of cake and a cuppa. 

A35 a vast improvement over the A30; tougher more powerful engine, flashing indicators and other details. Then there is the novelty of having such a small car which can squeeze through gaps but at the same time is properly laid out, i.e. in-line engine & trans. driving the rear wheels. Marvelous!