Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Fatharris' bargain basement barge (HermanTheGerman)

Herman

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   Schaefft

Schaefft

• Full Members
  • 405 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationNorth East

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:48 AM

A grand? Those days are over now. They've started shooting up in price. Even with the crash damage, knackered paintwork and 30k miles I've plonked on it, it's worth a lot more than I paid for it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thats because you underpaid for yours. I see 728i for under a grand in "acceptable" condition that will sell for under 1000£ every week.

Maybe exported, rather than cubed?

Possibly wishful thinking on my part, mind... these are phenomenal cars, it still shocks me that even now survivors are being scrapped over trivial issues. But maybe they've finally turned the corner from bangerdom to youngtimer classic, if prices are on the rise...

Unfortunately unlikely. The guy I sold it to didnt have a clue about cars. It failed its MOT because of bushes and rusty brake pipes a year later, he probably just scrapped it. I might have bought it back if he just asked me, who knows.

1996 BMW E39 528i                 - New upgraded Thermostat Housing, also survived my one-week Trip Death March through Wales!

1995 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC      - Now back from Winter Storage, slightly less shite than before

1995 Oldsmobile Aurora           - Fighting with the seized Fuel Filter...

1993 Renault Safrane V6i         - Slowly running out of Things to fix!

1992 Toyota Celsior C-Spec     - Everything is broken. Apart from the Cluster!

1991 Opel Senator 3.0 24V      - On Stand-by

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users