Another day; another free car. FREE TO WHO?

KruJoe

Nearside Rear Trailing arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
Offside Rear Trailing arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
Nearside Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
Nearside Rear Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
Centre Front Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases (7.1.2)
Nearside Front Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c)
Offside Front Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c)
Nearside Rear Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c)
Offside Rear Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c)
different tyre sizes on front axle than rear axle
damage to nearside wheel rim edge

All to fix?

I just noticed it's a 25, not a 200 / 214 etc! 1.4Ie 16v.

The wheels were a present to the previous owner from some mates, as it needed tyres at the time. It needs tyres again now, most are bald and/or cracked, and need regular pumping.

A BMW 1 has replaced this, on a business hire deal*. Though they've run the 25 alongside one of the first RAV4 Diesels for quite a few years, which is now demoted to dog(ging) car and handyman's van (more of that later...)

They did half-joke that I might be getting a call about the RAV in a bit, we'll see. I wouldn't kick that out of bed for farting, especially if it could be persuaded onto "alternative fuels". Like a mini-Pleasure-Wagon.

Indeed, when they've tumbled to our pay-grade, there'll be nowt to loose by trying it. I'd love to coax a D4D onto WVO. I've done no reading on it yet, its time will come :D

It looks very much like this, but more battered, with under-trays hanging off.

rav.jpg.jpg

Tonight's pics now uploaded.

dog(ging) car and handyman's van

P1160590_zpsnvr9m8js.jpg

P1160586_zpsitheptpk.jpg

For viewers without Smellyvision, imagine "gloss paint".

P1160592_zpsupu3yflc.jpg

P1160577_zpsmsoj3wxv.jpg

P1160576_zpsdcf8mzq1.jpg

P1160581_zps2imq6d6r.jpg

P1160580_zpskmpnlsiz.jpg

Can confirm new batt and alt. Cashback.

P1160588_zpsyiskylvl.jpg

Ooh. Electric sunshine roof. A lovely* (water) feature?

P1160591_zpsxninlrjm.jpg

Coupled with manual winders all 'round.

The last time I saw that combo was in the late '80's on my mother's old 190D (D54 DHA). Looked like this:

E97LBK1-600x450.jpg

Whenever he sat in it, Pa_KJ buzzed the roof back so his pork pie hat could poke out the top; rain or shine.

Right, before I give this any more time that I don't have, does anyone here want this for nowt? Come and get it if you want to make a go of it. Or keep it for spares if you run one yourself.

post-1381-0-16570800-1456748753_thumb.jpg

Stay away if you're just gonna cart it down to Green's and bridge it, I could do that myself.

I haven't crawled under it yet, but externally it seems solid. Previous brake line advisories could be an MOT worry.

It does drive really well, no bad noises other than downpipe(?) blow, it feels surprisingly modern. The brakes are face-suckingly keen, but nicely progressive. I think it beats even my BX on braking ability. Really impressive. It doesn't feel soggy inside, but I haven't had a feel around all the carpet. Dare you!