captain_cal's Green Oval sanctuary

captain_cal

I've just got in from work to find the wife's offered 325 for it "on my behalf". Wish she'd insisted on it sooner, I'd have preferred to save Cap'n the listing fees!

If he accepts the £325 it'll replace the 306.

(actually gave him full asking price as I thought the wife was being a tightwad... She's not even from Yorkshire!)

• 11 months later...

40474788881_4a3c29b283_h.jpg

Picked the green one up this morning, it needs an MOT and is showing an ABS fault. Dear MOT testers, can this be temporarily solved with some black tape? Or does the light have to go on and go off to be satisfactory?

I think it does have to come on and go off within a certain time. You could do what one of the previous owners of a Discovery I owned had done. He took the speedo cluster out and cut the wire to the abs light and joined it to the oil warning light. I found this out whilst trying to fix the lack of oil warning light. I thought my assistant was pulling my leg when they said the abs light came on when I grounded the oil pressure switch. It still passed a few mot's like that though.

Volvos used to get 'fixed' by connecting the ABS light to the alternator warning lamp.

Didn't work on Fords as they had a delay before the ABS light went off & the MOT book told the tester that.