Travelling to Italy for Air cooled Panda shite

Vin

A post from Fiatforum about a trip from the Lake District to Italy to collect one of the holy grails of Italian air cooled shite - The Fiat Panda 30 -powered by 652cc (lifted out the 126) of air cooled 2 cylinders.....Good work fella 8)

http://www.fiatforum.com/panda-classic/ ... -last.html

Excellent! Didn't they lob the twin into the Chinky-Chento as well?Cracking road trip.

Aye they did stick them in the Cinq, my spanish sister had one, she took it all over, including to africa on several trips.IIRC they were the 704cc Watercooled version from the 126 Bis though

What an inspirational trip ! thanks for that Vin, haven't looked at the fiat Forum for quite a while.Many years back I had a desire to collect Fiat 500's from Italy, and drive them back to uk , long before they were worth the silly prices they fetch now; I had already a string of different 500's, and one with a 652 transplant with BIS rack and pinion steering -great fun !! And they are virtually unburstable, unlike the water-cooled 704 lumps.(Needless to say, I was talked out of my idea by friends who thought I was mad !)Is your "Citivan" a real van, Vin, or an Amigo/Caravelle/Pandora ?- any way to easily uprate that 903cc with later Fire-engine bits ??