I think I'm in love.. anyone want to donate £25,000 to make an old man happey ?

Bfg

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:   ....I think I'm in love..  anyone want to donate £25,000 to make an old man happeey ?   :rolleyes:  

...and perhaps co-pilot / sponsor us  on the Beaujolais Run,  the Gumball Rally,  Paris Daker,  or the lOndon to Sydney ?? 8) 

( I am my own mechanic - honest !)

post-20151-0-02627600-1457272359_thumb.jpg

shitroen Traction Avante

See more here < http://www.lap63.co.uk/#!citroen-traction-avant-yacco/eacdy:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I wish they had included some pics of the engine. Perforated engine parts??

I've heard it said that French car companies used to start with the driver's seat, then design the rest of the car around it. Obviously not on this car.

If I bought it, those seats would be the first to go. I'd find a late 80's Peugeot for a donor.

What kind of events would this car have competed in? Probably not the 24 hours of LeMons...judging by the (ahem) price...

Be careful, perforated engine parts sounds like a rod poking out the block. You could try doing the roffle thing here to fund purchase, but do check the seller has the bumpers, running boards etc. to go back on, otherwise it's a bit salty especially considering that most stripped 4 trackdayz innit cars are lucky to fetch bridge money.

Thoughts about a Traction, and it's true for that money one could buy a really very nice example.. 

But...  I don't want a nice  example,   I don't want precious,   nor cherished,   nor even the same as everyone else's,  I don't want to cruise down the boulevard,   or to sit in showground lower meadow in the hope of being envied ...

I just wanna drive the dog's rollocks off it and have fun.. :mrgreen:  

I'm 59 years old ..not 95 !  

'nice' , 'nice' , 'nice' - yuk !    ...its a bloody motor car, not a Feberge egg. !   :P

..aside from which it was, most likely, languishing, smashed up in junk-yard heap with more bits missing off it than a one legged, blind eunuch !  Poor thing ; buggered or otherwise stripped of wings & lamps,  interior,  radiator grille,  glazing,  bumpers and chrome trim,  tyres must have been perished,  its floor non existent,  and who knows what else.   "uneconomical to repair" so abandoned to rust away ...until someone dragged it away, welded it up, overhauled the mechanics, and gave it a fresh coat of paint

..to  share  many more  good  times  with  it..  :-) 

post-20151-0-32392600-1457398914_thumb.jpg

Expensive ?  Of course it is..  no other bugger is going to do this to their 'appreciating asset'  ...so it's unique :rolleyes: 

Well I want a traction and I'm in my early 40s. The TOC does have fun, of sorts anyway, and do have regular driving rallys sur Le continent.

I've narrowed my requirements to a 1954/55 normale in black. I should have bought one my mechanic found a few years ago- £3,500 it stood him after bringing it back from France in shabby but good mechanical order.

C'est la vie!

Don't get me wrong I'd love a 'normal' traction too, although I hear the gearboxes are a weak point - they certainly ooze with character.  I flirted with the idea of buying a Riley RMB a couple of years ago, bought all the books and joined the owners club.  It's not so dissimilar to the Traction, and is arguably better proportioned / prettier and has a nicer interior than even the Slough built Citroens.  And (I read) the longest stroke engine of any motorcar at the time.  However I was frightened off because of the roof and it's woodwork frame is a big job to sort out if water's got in (most of them !). I bought a '66 s-type Jag instead.  But in comparison to the Riley I think the Citroen is a much cleverer design, and probably easier to care for too. ?

"I've narrowed my requirements to a 1954/55 normale"  Any particular reason or is it that you just prefer it's looks ?

Well I want a traction and I'm in my early 40s. The TOC does have fun, of sorts anyway, and do have regular driving rallys sur Le continent.

I've narrowed my requirements to a 1954/55 normale in black. I should have bought one my mechanic found a few years ago- £3,500 it stood him after bringing it back from France in shabby but good mechanical order.

C'est la vie!

They are fun, I used mine regularly for four or five years, then sold it. Still to be had at sensible prices if you don't mind scruffiness, a sound one went for under £4k not so long ago.

They corner better than you'd ever believe - I thought that was always with an implied "for a 1930s car" which nobody ever said, but they handle very well full stop. I managed to do a South-North trip at an average of 68mph - fitted my own exhuast when the original fell off, placing a silencer much further forwards and one under the back, made a whopping difference from the original pea-shooter with both massive silencers at the back. Use a quality modern 15w40 - Total's is good. 

If you want fun adventures with a single marque, then the SM lot do it very well. 

Be careful, perforated engine parts sounds like a rod poking out the block. You could try doing the roffle thing here to fund purchase, but do check the seller has the bumpers, running boards etc. to go back on, otherwise it's a bit salty especially considering that most stripped 4 trackdayz innit cars are lucky to fetch bridge money.

Anorak mode on: They didn't have running boards. :)

Thoughts about a Traction, and it's true for that money one could buy a really very nice example..

But... I don't want a nice example, I don't want precious, nor cherished, nor even the same as everyone else's, I don't want to cruise down the boulevard, or to sit in showground lower meadow in the hope of being envied ...

I just wanna drive the dog's rollocks off it and have fun.. :mrgreen:

I'm 59 years old ..not 95 !

'nice' , 'nice' , 'nice' - yuk ! ...its a bloody motor car, not a Feberge egg. ! :P

..aside from which it was, most likely, languishing, smashed up in junk-yard heap with more bits missing off it than a one legged, blind eunuch ! Poor thing ; buggered or otherwise stripped of wings & lamps, interior, radiator grille, glazing, bumpers and chrome trim, tyres must have been perished, its floor non existent, and who knows what else. "uneconomical to repair" so abandoned to rust away ...until someone dragged it away, welded it up, overhauled the mechanics, and gave it a fresh coat of paint

..to share more good times with it.. :-)

ff1826_784e91fe726647cd9b15dcc01b31799f.jpg

Expensive ? Of course it is.. no other bugger is going to do this to their 'appreciating asset' ...so it's unique :rolleyes:

What does this actually say? Tiny purple script s impossible to read on my phone and the other stuff isn't much better.

As for the car well... For once I don't hate it but I think I'd rather have a normal one