Mk1 Fjord Sierra 2.0 Gheehaa slushomatic withdrawn from sale!!!

purplebargeken

Can't see this Sierra needing much for a test Ken as long as the brakes are still free with it sitting. It's done hardly any miles since Mike tested it last year.

That headlamp aim would need to be resolved mind.

Slight concern that the MOT has only 17 days left at the moment...

Can't see this Sierra needing much for a test Ken as long as the brakes are still free with it sitting. It's done hardly any miles since Mike tested it last year.

That headlamp aim would need to be resolved mind.

It was a clean sheet pass when I had it tested as well so as John says shouldn't need for much, if anything. One thing you shouldn't have to worry about is rust as the tester said it was solid as rock underneath. It also had a new timing belt done when I had it so no worries there, and suspension bits, too. Also back brakes re-built and new pipes etc. I spent a good few hundred on this when I had it! Parts are cheap as chips, too!

Thats all handy to know, I'm looking forwards to getting this and hoping Ken will be happy with the Toledo (which is faultless to be fair).

This car has caused a massive rift between me and father Trigger at the moment as he feels like he's always fixing my cars on his days off and I'm flogging them on again which is understandable to be fair "I've just fitted a rear caliper and sorted out the stereo on the Seat and you sold that Sierra and the Merc auto as you didn't like them and now you've bought this you twat"....

With that he hanged the phone up and won't speak to me now! Whoops! Of couse this would all be avoided if I wasn't so useless when it comes to mechanics and unable to do it myself.

I have the same conversations with my son,he buys broken Quad bikes that he thinks he can fix up himself and i end up doing the majority of the fixing then he trades them on.

We recently sorted out a nice 250cc honda engined one which was going to be a keeper but i came home the other day and he has swapped it for three 100cc 2 stroke things in various states of disrepair.

I suspect your dad is like me he moans but still gets a kick out of fixing stuff for their kids.

Same here Trig, my dad wants everything done his way - usually the wrong way, as a consequence I've mostly self-taught and been to college to learn about mechanics. Plus I've been into cars all my life and have a passion and interest for them.

I had an old car once which I bought for next to nothing, GAVE it to my dad who had it a couple of years, I got it back off him then he moaned that I'd sold it?!? You just can't win.

If you do need any help then I'd be more than happy to lend a hand, my friend.

I am lucky enough to have learnt mechanics from my dad when I was growing up that's where my love of motors comes from, now I fix his cars, i reckon it does his head in that he can't do it any more due to ill health but he doesn't let on, he does make a good assistant though passing me tools, parts and making a brew

We recently sorted out a nice 250cc honda engined one which was going to be a keeper but i came home the other day and he has swapped it for three 100cc 2 stroke things in various states of disrepair.

To be fair, he's 50cc up on the deal.

[/Autoshite Maths]

Swappage on hold now as my mechanic/MOT getting guru and steam engine bothering mate is rather unwell. He's contracted shingles of the neck and face and also something called Ramsay Hunt syndrome as a complication. 

All rather nasty to be honest and he will be out of action for a good few weeks.