Mk1 Fjord Sierra 2.0 Gheehaa slushomatic withdrawn from sale!!!

purplebargeken

Yes, folks...... it is with much sadness and internal angst that I am putting the Jellymould of whiteness up for sale. 

It is a potentially lovely, lovely car and is a bit of a rarity to see such a beastie on the roads now. Besides, I am at the point (suitable dates willing) that I am almost at the end of my realistic mythical car having bucket list. Feels a bit weird that does, but after around 330 cars, it is finally approaching. I just need an Alfa really. A mid 70's Simca 1000 is NOT going to happen lol.

Anyway, back to the car.

There is another thread somewhere that highlight it in more detail. If someone could oblige with the link thing I would be grateful as my tech ability waxes and wanes.

The car is a good 'un. It drove all the way from John's place to that there London with a hiccup.

It does need some bits sorting and this list is from memory, so here goes:

N/S headlight adjusting

Possible TRE O/S

The cam belt cover needs adjusting and tightening

The time telling clock doesn't work, no idea why.

Drivers door lock needs sorting

The headlining is a little droopy in places

It has some rusty blobs here and there and a bit of paint touch up here and there too.

The rear O/S wheel arch needs a very minor repair and paint.

The N/S front wing needs a rust hole repair.

Oh, it needs an aerial to make the noise come out from the fancy quad speaker system and original radio.

The paintwork is dull on one half of the car but very shiny on the other. I will continue to make it all shiny as it was flatter than a witches tit.

It starts, runs and does all the right things. Just that clunk from the front at times.

Price: what I paid for it which would be £875. Location: Enfield/Edmonton. Very close to the A10/M25 J25.

Swaps considered, manual or auto. I may have an unknown bucket list car to consider, you never know   :)

Oooh, this is bloody lovely. I promised myself this car back when Ken first bought it (cos I knew he wouldn't keep it long) but I'm now on a self-imposed car buying ban until I get on top of all the work my current fleet need. Ah well, hope it goes to a good home.

I thought you'd be all over this like a tramp on chips mate :-D

The Magentis is still going great guns, Our Lass loves it, and so do I, changed my view of the big Korean shite 8)

I still have the other one  , but not for much longer  .

I'm still struggling... Just a shame it's a auto though but I've been eyeing this up since Laser owned it. I haven't really got room for it but I'm thinking of selling the Seat on as it's too quick, this sounds pathetic but it's bringing out the worse of my driving and I'm going to get a ticket soon if I'm not careful so this could make a interesting summer runabout...

I'm still struggling... Just a shame it's a auto though but I've been eyeing this up since Laser owned it. I haven't really got room for it but I'm thinking of selling the Seat on as it's too quick, this sounds pathetic but it's bringing out the worse of my driving and I'm going to get a ticket soon if I'm not careful so this could make a interesting summer runabout...

Don't worry about it being auto, they're fine honestly. I'd have one any day over the manual versions. Same box as my Granada and it's a good box, nice and smooth.

It might fit in with your driving too, not so fast or 'sporty' more easy going and relaxed to drive. Just bung in D and gently waft along!

Yeah, go on Trig. A nice relaxing auto is just what you need now you're a Dad - if Nancy is giving you sleepless nights just take her out for a waft in this to lull her to sleep. Fair justification for another purchase I'd say.

dont scar the poor child :D

show her luton or russelheim old tat first :lol:

I've got a wheelie bin so full of want for this, the lid won't close and the council probably won't collect it. I will therefore be left with all my WANT forever.

Every time I see that interior, my trousers get a bit tighter. Weird.

those mark 1 sierra's came from Dagenham, so they are so very much full of win, what more excuse is needed?

only longbridge, solihul or browns lane Coventry can come close to trumping dagenham

The same Longbridge where they built BL cars? I guess "full of win" could mean "winning the award for most industrial disputes per year", yeah :)