Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
Project

Project Capri. Heater box refurb. Pics pg.31.

Project

• Please log in to reply
930 replies to this topic

#931 OFFLINE   danthecapriman

danthecapriman

• Full Members
  • 4,990 posts
  • 41 thanks
  • LocationWaterlooville, Hampshire

Posted 17 June 2018 - 03:04 PM

Awww isn't it cute? it's like an engine, but smaller :D

Seriously though, looks excellent Dan. It's gonna be perfect when finished.

You can even get in there with the engine and work on it! Before now I’ve sat on the slam panel with my legs down each side of the front of the engine to work. Saves leaning over!

Brake servo and master cylinder are both now installed too. Stupidly easy without a dash in the way.
I’ve sorted the old brake pipes, I’ve layed them out next to the car to see how they went (I’d forgotten!), pretty simple really.
The new line kit has a number tag on each length of line. You cross reference that number to a list supplied in the kit and it tells you exactly where that line is for. Looks a piece of piss to do tbh. I’ve offered the new up to the old lines and they’re all present and correct. There’s an odd mix of metric and imperial unions on these cars, again all these are new and ready fixed onto the ready flared pipes, all of them are in the correct places. Seems like a good kit so far.
Only thing not included is the 3 way splitter that bolts to the inner drivers side wing under the bonnet. There’s no valves or anything on this car. 1 port on the master cylinder does the two front brakes via the 3 way splitter. The other port on the master cylinder goes under the car to one rear wheel cylinder, then another brake line comes off the bleed nipple port of the wheel cylinder, across the axle to the other wheel cylinder which has its bleed nipple in place as usual. Easy and simple!
Just need a set of three brake hoses first.
  • JeeExEll, Hooli and AndySnapper like this
1973 Mercury Marquis Brougham 429 V8
1974 Ford Capri 1.6 L
1984 Ford Transit 2.0 100L LWB high roof
1988 Volvo 740 2.3 GLE estate

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Project

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users