My night of fun with the school bike

Mr_Bo11ox

I recently bought this Morris Ital on eBay, turned out the seller was 109landyS3 off here! Also Torsten has previoulsy owned it so its been around a bit. I was well chuffed when I colleced it as its a tidy old bus.

Posted Image

I took it for an MOT this week which predictably it failed, mainly on welding. I thought it would be a fairly straightforward affair to get a ticket on it and took an afternoon off to blitz it. Of course, the usual happened - you prod at a bit of rust and befor you know it theres a big chunk of the structure missing! Ah well looks like its gonna be a long night.

Posted Image

Sure enough:

Posted Image

Turned out both footwells were pretty rotten, inner sills etc all frilly as hell. The outrigger on the drivers side flaked away to nothing very quickly

Posted Image

I have nowhere to store this car so had no option to crack on, try and get it finished so I could take it away again the next day. Well, after 11 hours of cutting and welding, by 1am I had 98% finished but could not complete the last 2% to to being utterly shattered, so i'm not quite there yet. Luckily Fatha_Bol took pity on me and let me leave it in the garage over the weekend, and he will park his car somewhere else so it should be all done on Monday.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I like how in the top pic it is in the customer parking of "Civilised Car Hire", I'd be mega-chuffed if I went there to get a Sebring or something similarly car hire-ish and they inexplicably gave me an Ital instead.Seriously nice work anyway Mr Boxxol, does indeed look like a nice one, to be honest I'm proper tempted to wave a load of crumpled tenners under your nose if/when I get some cash. I've fancied an Ital for ages and this one is even in the Hirst "corporate livery".What else did it fail on, out of interest?

I think it probably will be looking for a caring home when i've MOT'd it as i will no doubt be fully occupied with 'Pony love', if anyone fancies it I'd have to ask about £425 with a years ticket and maybe a new cambelt if I get time.The other 'FAILS' were a loose handbrake cable and a blocked washer jet.

I like how in the top pic it is in the customer parking of "Civilised Car Hire", I'd be mega-chuffed if I went there to get a Sebring or something similarly car hire-ish and they inexplicably gave me an Ital instead.

I reckon you might end up with all kinds of old tat if you hired a car from them! :wink: Top work Bol. You get my PM about the 1800 wheel?

Bloody hell that rust is bad, it had a spell in Hastings so I'd imagine that's the cause! Well done though, it's still a great looking motor!

Hmmm, there could be another possible reason, to paraphrase:

Bloody hell that rust is bad, it had a spell in a BL plant so I'd imagine that's the cause! Well done though, it's still a great looking motor!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

For an Ital, it is indeed a good looking!

SKILLAGE of the highest order Mr B, you do indeed deserve an honour for that!

Posted Image

To think I nearly bought this from Torstern when I bought his SD1. If anyone is is interested having seen this car in the flesh and with Mr B efforts it's a fine example, as good as your likely to find anywhere.

The picture above does not flatter.

GR8 4 DRIFTIN.

What's minicabing?

It's a type of taxi. In the UK we have licensed taxis, often a recognisable type like the FX4 and TX11 also called black cabs, they can stop and pick up fares (passengers) on the street, and the less regulated mini cabs. They are usually four door saloons that are only licensed (usually by local authorities) to only pick up fares by being booked through a private cab office, and not by being stopped on the street.

They are ... only licensed (usually by local authorities) to only pick up fares by being booked through a private cab office, and not by being stopped on the street.

Not that it stops the practice anyway - the forming of unofficial ranks outside pubs in Leeds was absolutely chronic when I lived there - and I'm convinced similar happenings are frequent here in Jersey these days. Can't say I'm particularly fond of the cab industry, particularly the driving standards.

What's minicabing?

It's a type of taxi. In the UK we have licensed taxis, often a recognisable type like the FX4 and TX11 also called black cabs, they can stop and pick up fares (passengers) on the street, and the less regulated mini cabs. They are usually four door saloons that are only licensed (usually by local authorities) to only pick up fares by being booked through a private cab office, and not by being stopped on the street.
Oh, I thought that was mini-cabbing! :wink:

What's minicabing?

Oh, I thought that was mini-cabbing! :wink:
Posted Image

Excellent purchase Mr. B, what does it drive like? I imagine it goes fairly well. Great for transplanting a 2.0 O-series or Perkins Prima into.