Moogs Motahs - sinking the seat

The Moog

Will see what i can do.

They found fingerprints on the focus, so i would imagine if he has been driving the starlet it will be a forensic investigators wet dream.

Was gutted when it got nicked but unless the damage is superficial probably not worth hassle and time to get it back.

We shall see

A nice policeman came to take a statement today.

Apparently three of them have been at it. Someone has got them on CCTV but it isn't great quality. So they are collecting all the details to pick them up.

These guys have been doing tours of areas going through cars. Only trouble is they don't really have a home so finding them might be a challenge.

Guest bangerfan101

Unfortunately old car door locks are pretty much useless to anyone that has a basic auto locksmiths toolkit, that are readily available on the Internet.

Ford Tibbe pick keys from China are on and off ebay all the time

I hope that the car is swiftly recovered and is not too badly damaged.

To deal with some (now academic) queries raised above, if you had been able to track the car down yourself, and could have obtained unimpeded access to the car, you could have driven it off, but you could not have lawfully done so if you would have had to damage someone else's property or, for example, break into a locked yard or garage in order to get to the car.  Two wrongs don't make a right, and all that. 

You could of course have broken into the car yourself, and hot-wired it or whatever yourself.     In practice, if you had found the car on the street with, say, a steering lock fitted to it by the scrote, you would be unlikely to be prosecuted if you hacked the steering lock off.  The CPS applies a public interest test before prosecuting.  It would be more difficult for Plod and the CPS to turn a blind eye if, for example, you broke into a locked garage to get the car back, but much would depend on the attitude of the local police.    Self help and taking the law into your own hands can raise tricky issues in this and other contexts.

If you're lucky, the Police will apply common sense.

A few years ago FathaN , me and two of my brothers spent a couple of hours in Banbury Police Staion cells on suspicion of affray. This followed an episode of 'self help' recovering my Dad's stolen Astravan from an encampment of individuals from the travelling community. Once someone from Traffic had checked the number stamped into the floor, they accepted it was his so let us go, with the van.

The travellers couldn't remember which one of them drove the van to their site so no action was taken!

Annoying, but at least we got the van back and the Police turning up probably saved us from a serious kicking, we were not winning the affray.