Moogs Motahs - sinking the seat

The Moog

You will not usually be held liable for damage or injury caused whilst the car is under the control of a thief. The owner of the other vehicle may be able to obtain compensation from the MIB, which has a fund to provide against some uninsured losses.

I had an Opel Manta stolen and crashed into a bollard. The council chased me for the costs, though I don't know the outcome as I was simply

told to send it to my insurer. The car had been reported stolen about 12 hours earlier.

So starlet update - been offered a £460 settlement. Theft excess is £350 which sucks a bit. I have asked them to see if they can get me £150 so they are re valuing it.

It was Cat B write off with 4k worth of damage as they crashed head on into a car.

Got a letter through about court date, i need to give a witness statement and also an application for victim compensation

Certainly move fast.

In other news Can clip came for vel satis so will get it hooked up and see what it says

So they caught the thieves then if it's going through court?

Head on? I hope they weren't* too badly injured. Sucks to barely get any ca$hback after the excess though - in my slightly idealistic way, I thought excess was only payable if it was a fault claim (and they could hardly say having a car stolen from the back of your driveway is your fault....)

Yep they are. Not quite sure what i can say apart from there was a car and then there wasn't.

Excess is a way to keep costs down and get you to be more careful.

Zero excess would mean everyone claim for everything so they change it to out people off claiming.

Agreed settlement with insurance company. They agree that the starlet was worth £500 due to being a rally carz*

So that will give me £150 in the bank.

Submitted criminal compensation forms including loss of no claims, excess etc. Doubt i will ever see anything but you never know.

In Vel satis new i tried to get wiper blades from Halfords. They wanted £80 for the fronts with trade card as they are huuuuuuge. Luckily ebay and £18 later a full set have been delivered.

I have emailed 3 different places about getting handbrake rebuilt. No one has got back to me. Gr5

So starlet money burning hole in my pocket (been a whole day), I was presented with a no brainer of an offer

A kind Yorkshire man took me in his German barge to buy it.

Fist full of Queens heads, firm handshake and another lovely shiters, it was mine.

A drive back over the hills, chasing the German barge Wagon, set against a beautiful sunset was a delight.

Needs a clutch and a way to have a slightly lower driver's seat. Not a massive amount of head room for a helmet.

e65eea01d254355c7e59095a942884f5.jpg