Moogs Motahs - sinking the seat

The Moog

Aye, our Will_Cabbage was good at this sort of thing.

He found that bloody manky green 306 in Rochdale, though Dink (the chap with the Sherlock Holmes avatar) helped with the detective work.

It's good news that plod are giving this some time. Fingers crossed for a happy ending.

massage-cat1.jpg

I'm working all day tomorrow, but if you need help shifting it, pm me. Either tomorrow night, or some time over the next few days I can bring the PW and trailer. Also I have a tow pole (my A-frame is still with John_K). I've sorted the winch on the trailer for owt that can't be driven. Just give me a shout.

But hopefully you can drive it home yourself, and it can be easily saved. Fingers crossed for you, good buddy!

I think it's a bit odd that the Feds gave you the name of the guy who'd left fingerprints in the Focus. Something similar happened to me years ago, the police said they didn't have time to investigate this type of crime properly and if I wanted to give the guy a good kicking they'd turn a blind eye. (I didn't)

Same thing happened to me a good few years back. He was well known and for some reason kept getting let off by the courts, prolific bike thief and my motor bike went the same way. Asked me if I knew the name etc went on his way.

Hope little starlet isn't too badly damaged moog.

Guest Breadvan72

I hope that the car is swiftly recovered and is not too badly damaged.

To deal with some (now academic) queries raised above, if you had been able to track the car down yourself, and could have obtained unimpeded access to the car, you could have driven it off, but you could not have lawfully done so if you would have had to damage someone else's property or, for example, break into a locked yard or garage in order to get to the car.  Two wrongs don't make a right, and all that. 

You could of course have broken into the car yourself, and hot-wired it or whatever yourself.     In practice, if you had found the car on the street with, say, a steering lock fitted to it by the scrote, you would be unlikely to be prosecuted if you hacked the steering lock off.  The CPS applies a public interest test before prosecuting.  It would be more difficult for Plod and the CPS to turn a blind eye if, for example, you broke into a locked garage to get the car back, but much would depend on the attitude of the local police.    Self help and taking the law into your own hands can raise tricky issues in this and other contexts.

Insurance company on case. They will collect it from the police compound

The lady said it will just be written off due to age of car etc. They will assess it first but it would just be a once over.

Unlikely that i will ever see it again.

Regards to insurance - it was crashed into another car. Do they claim against my insurance? As i assume the gentleman didn't have his own.

Guest Breadvan72

Insurance company on case. They will collect it from the police compound

The lady said it will just be written off due to age of car etc. They will assess it first but it would just be a once over.

Unlikely that i will ever see it again.

Regards to insurance - it was crashed into another car. Do they claim against my insurance? As i assume the gentleman didn't have his own.

Try to buy the car back from the insurers if the car is repairable.  Try not to let the car get carted off to one of those scrapper compounds. 

Guest Breadvan72

You will not usually be held liable for damage or injury caused whilst the car is under the control of a thief.  The owner of the other vehicle may be able to obtain compensation from the MIB, which has a fund to provide against some uninsured losses.