Moogs Motahs - sinking the seat

The Moog

More height? I'm 6ft2 and like pies and I found my old puma was fine! Mine had height adjustable seats though (and I had them slammed_yo!)

It is adjustable and on lowest setting. The seats are a bit on as you feel as if you sit on them.

NJGleeds had a sit and he could get in although was rubbing the roof.

Might just be used to vel satis luxuriously seats.

Been using pooma today and have sort of got used to it a bit more. It isn't the starlet but the extra oomof and handling should make it go well.

Ordered a clutch and slave cylinder yesterday for it at 8pm and when I got home from work today it was already sitting here. That's service.

Plan is probably to crack on Friday (if weather is nice) and get it fitted as I will need it sorted before Knockhill.

Alot easier to pull both shafts- the ns one can be tight as fuck on fords and using a pry bar against the casing often cracks the webs . What i do is pull the os one then use a slim blunt old screw driver to go in the ns driveshaft hole and carefully go above or below the diff cross pin and tap the shaft out from the inside . Hope that makes sense.

Gear box is prob stuck on the dowels . Beating , heating and prying reqd

We have loads of those halfords foam mats! Their very handy, I use them for kneeling/lying on when working on the car!

Nice job on the clutch so far too, I got some 'reputable local clutch place' to fit mine for £230 with a supplied luk clutch and bearing set that probably set me back another £200 too... They fucked up the locking wheel nut which cost me another £14 from Ford...

Its why I work on my own cars now (or just don't bother and buy another one that's less fucked)

Puma needed a new clutch so decided to take advantage of missus Moog being away and the sun out to get on with it.

Following instructions online I hoped it wasn't too hard to do.

Clutch kit ordered online and so I set to work

Battery and battery box out

Hoses disconnected.

Then ran into rusty fixings. The ball joint was a real pain and in the end I took off the whole lower arm. Will replace both of them as I damaged the BJ cover getting it off.

Not shown was about an hour slowly taking all the bolts out and wrestling the gearbox off. After twosmokes help I was a little tougher and off it popped.

Slave cylinder out and swapped for a new

And that's where I called it a night. Will get on with putting it all back tomorrow morning.

Brake pads definitely need replacing. They have a weird groove I have never seen before.

4056b3dd85ac351cea8379fea8a69810.jpgc99feb384b1f3c6f168b6e2f3d8a8ec5.jpg0b2412e2807723e061a16730c3df4499.jpgc793bf1fa9c41ee1ee0f4a4a879f8d2b.jpg568c524f6bb60133cbe343467cb3a89f.jpgd3ca5968af3cda3bfacca5a9548ca694.jpg3d6f6b8e62abe7a3192e35191f88cb11.jpg

Is that a step in the pad material?

On my phone so can't really make it out,but I've never seen a pad like that before.

Other pad the same?

Sure you got the right diameter discs fitted?

Yep a big step. I guess the same as you. Mcoli left a set of discs and pads in boot so will be fitting those.

bb411754770380e74f52816542c214a5.jpg

So enjoyable morning was had.

Old and new clutch. Old was a motorcraft one, I don't think that is OEM.

f23eb2f02a1f92fc46b85cf7e32a6861.jpg

35d029f9ef521a2c88a26356ed92db67.jpg

Bolted on

ed2369ab46c9503af520c2726f8d7cf1.jpg

Then came the fun of getting gearbox on. Took me a fair while and many many swearwords. In the end I used ratchet straps to take the weight whilst I fiddled it into place. The clunk when it met was delicious

f106fc1ad821a5e296b80caf53623a2a.jpg

Refitting is the reverse of taking apart - and no bolts left!

88edee19b5c8e23d622c45e53b900a59.jpg

Need to bleed the clutch to finish it off.

I am awaiting driveshaft boot clips, lower arms with bolts, caliper mounting bolts and some CV grease to be delivered during the week.

Underneath the puma is very non crusty so hopefully it wasn't wasted.

Took advantage of the rain stopping to get an hour on the puma.

First job was to remove caliper carriers. The bolts were stuck fast and rounded pretty quickly

af03c95b22674d4f30be9c0638739ff7.jpg

Out came the angle grinder to put flats on it then I hammered a smaller socket over it to get it off.

The second one came out with colt removers and brute force

cb990e27fbadee724b9c95075b98d4ff.jpg

Puma came with set of brake discs in the boot, so off with old and comparison

0b016546ececbe3f80bf2f8c95852e45.jpg

Fuck sticks. Googling says that Feb 2000 pumas moved to bigger discs, running reg through the vin decoder says this was built June 2000 hence variation.

Moved to other side to get that disc and pad off. You can see the issue here

6f4ac9f1f14e7f4904038e9d3e4bc2aa.jpg

Then it started to rain

Jobs left

Fit both lower arms

Bleed clutch

Get new discs and pads

I need to bleed the brake as well but I might have to out my brave pants on for that. The calipers look like they have been living under the seas for a while so I reckon nipple breakage may be on the cards.

Cheers CW. Been using the vel satis as an estate over last few weeks with tip runs etc. Most annoying things is that the seats don't go flat . Seems to no reason Renault made them like that.

Plan is to run as is until after summer the get handbrake fixed for MOT. The quote for £160 for it to be reconditioned I think is worth it

Sadly MM is moogs mutterings.. much more boring

Guest bangerfan101

Just looked at the 2 fiestas iv got on the drive and I'd say 100% that's what it is. There only on the gear box side on both my cars tho?