AUCTION! All profits go to registered* charities. (Shed-Ex ZX)

KruJoe

Yo shit-lickers!

Ruzzers bagged this fromt' bay:

post-2711-0-72442900-1446997818.jpg

http://autoshite.com/topic/22336-zx-turdod-estate-rofell-£3-a-chop/

He roffled it and Sporty was victorious. He ran it for a bit, then last week I won his roffle! First time I've won owt in my life!

http://autoshite.com/topic/23173-citroen-zx-diesel-estate-heading-to-the-psa-diesel-capital-of-the-uk/page-4

Collected Sat pm:

35c5c2c1c4b6d8d22947107d0dc85324_zpspkdk

A tenner's dino-dizzle in, due to Lucas-cav pump and low guage.

P1040068_zpsws5ad7as.jpg

Batt flatted due to hours with sidelights on. Jump started fine.

P1040075_zpscvu0qfhe.jpg

A gallon of pez in, then topped up with WVO.

I had a run over to t'pub where Will works, a quick pint and XUD chat, then home, confirming it's well capable of GLFing, and with a good proportion of veg too. A late night.

[...to be continued...]

(MOT died yesterday, I'm catching up...)

After collection frolix etc, bed for one hour, then up at 3am. Breakfast at 8am with Team_Fugutty at Old Inns on the M80.

P1040076_zpsnfnetwnx.jpg

Then lots more Scotlandish roads to Crail Raceway and GLF.

P1160506_zpsb2nnmrzn.jpg

It managed quarters in about 20s. The narrow power band limited its scope, but it was fun against Moog's similarly ripsnorting* Starlet. (That's Reb, Richard's lad.)

http://autoshite.com/topic/23149-club-glf-first-meet-21st-feb-crail-raceway/page-3

P1160515_zpsx3ie7g1i.jpg

Me and the ZX were on the go for 20 hours on Sunday (home by midnight). Fuel usage: approx 50 litres of mixed fuel; well pleased.

I was buggered after that day, but the French Rocket was eager right to the end. It's a proper LOL cross-country. As I reported: "The last hour home from the motorway over the Dales especially. Keeping it on boost is a deliciously addictive game".

Aye, it was great to get up there in this!

Since then I've slept lots, and the Shed-Ex has had a few runs out, including chauffeuring Mrs_Cleland on a shopping trip. She admitted that it's really comfy, and reminded her of our old BX with the way it rides. Everyone who sees it says I got a bargain at £4.50!

P1040083_zpsifw1zcuo.jpg

Apart from the scabby L.Peel on that bit of the bonnet, it looks smart enough from ten yards, but up close, as Tim said:

It's had paint ... what I really mean is ... it has been driven through a puddle of silver paint and some stuck, that door is awful and lumpy.

And the roof looks like it's been dragged through a hedge upside-down. But meh. I won it in a bloody raffle and it drives ace!

Inside is really nice, the seats are like new. MEKANIK KITTEH approves.

P1160528_zpsi3cqjzhn.jpg

It's not without its faults... currently 50% of the dials work. The rev counter doesn't, and the fuel gauge is stubbornly pointing at one third. (Drops to empty when the sender's unplugged - seized float arm?)

One grab handle is off, but I found the bits today, so might try a fix.

One borderline tyre. I found a replacement here on a Rover rim. Flat spare.

P1040079_zps3jalkdig.jpg

Both leak from the bead, (the Rover one swallowed a gobful of Ripon verge on that day last July), but they look like goers if re-fitted.

Also today...

P1040081_zpsfpmlqehv.jpg

...became...

P1040082_zpsyycxoogf.jpg

"little things" etc.

As for the mucky bits, Sporty said it needed back dampers and a patch under the NS sill. To me it rides and handles like a boss, and visually, the rear underside looks bob on, including the potentially troublesome back subframe mounts. So that's that fixed then.

The NS sill looks ok too. A glance at my side though...

P1160519_zpssfqgo9ce.jpg

Most of that is peeling stone-chip.

P1160518_zpsrlseosk4.jpg

But there's a fag-pack-sized hole.

P1160520_zpssn8pfmdc.jpg

On finding that, I dug out the mig, found there's still gas in it, I came in, called my tame tester and now its MOT is booked for Monday after lunch!

Nowt like giving myself a deadline to get me moving, so I'll crack on with some real fixupification tomorrow!

So, I had an hour at the coal-face this morning (or so Mrs_KJ said when I came in for lunch and she saw the colour of my face).

P1040085_zpshc1aybdo.jpg

Cleaned back a bit (yeah, I could have gone further but CBA with that).

P1040087_zps0wjuqp7k.jpg

Predictably, I when I scrubbed off a bit of scabby stone-chip nearby, it soon escalated:

P1040086_zpscard95e4.jpg

Lesson learned. Again. 

Off out to zip on some patches shortly.

Good saving and enjoying, we should all aim for a £4.50 car. It makes so much sense, especially if a tankful of fuel costs even less. You have to think of road tax as a form of health insurance (I'm sure most road tax is swallowed by the NHS).

Cheers chaps. If it didn't go, stop, ride and handle so well, its fate may well have been different. Add in the fact that it's free of the common and annoying PSA faults such as damp carpets, and shit handbrake, clutch and gear-change, means it ain't getting broken for bits. It's a good un, and I'm happy to help it live on.

P1040088_zpskgyhllof.jpg

Couple of patches brewed up, using real, actual virgin steel. (Splashing out here.)

P1040092_zpsbym37nux.jpg

It's a brave man who publicly posts photos of un-dressed welding on a 20 year old Citroen. Here goes...

P1040089_zpschik59qx.jpg

I'll flap 'em off and slap on some bitch shortly.

P1040094_zpsoqomgpt5.jpg

I had another look under the NS sill, there is a small squishy bit there, but it's hardly even cracked the paint, so I'd bet a tank of veg that Jack_the_Test won't even notice it on Monday. I'm gonna risk it for a biscuit.

If there's time next week, I'll lob a patch on.

Tea break's over, I'm off back out to it.

Ha ha :D

Will's had a bit of a tidy-up in the shed, so all my bits of knackered shelving units and microwave cases are literally yards away ont' scrap pile. So I found these off-cuts of new steel kicking about under the Samara - last winter Will was welding it up with 12-gauge - so I snaffled some of that.

Flapped off and wire-wheeled:

P1040095_zps6bnxoujr.jpg

Bitch-slapped...

P1040096_zpsypebjrhw.jpg

...on.

Compliment accepted :D

Tomorrow night I'll reconnect the batt and alt, then fire it up and turn it around. On the other side there's some scabby, peeling seam sealant etc, which wants flapping off and bitch-slapping. It's still solid there, so that'll make it last a bit longer.

I brought the Tetrosyl back in and stuck it back ont' oil boiler, where it stays just runny enough to fill the crevices. Hmm, oozey. 

Electrics went a bit French on start-up to turn it around today, but meh. I think the trick is to have the key turned to "ON" when re-connecting the batt - see Rover R8.

NS scabiness:

P1040100_zpsu4idfeg5.jpg

Some blisters full of water. Yum*.

P1040105_zpsitly4kuh.jpg

All scrubbed off and undersealed. I'll clip those brake lines back in after a second coat.

P1040108_zpshd5sauyt.jpg

That didn't take long, so I couldn't resist a prod at the afore-mentioned squishy bit.

P1040107_zps2fbotmo0.jpg

Ah, bugger.

P1040110_zpsazx1cqlw.jpg

That means I have to go back outside to it now...

P1040112_zpslecrotnx.jpg

In an effort to avoid a replica of the comedy NS sill repair* on 320T's Alfa, I'm trying a flush-fitting patch. Never done this before.

P1040115_zpsvqowjdel.jpg

Magnets wouldn't co-operate, so tape ftw.

P1040117_zpsdvhjq7du.jpg

The sill metal is wafer thin (why Citroen, why?) so it was a right bugger to weld the thick patch in. I should have dug out a flimsy microwave casing for this one. It either blew holes or didn't bite. 

P1040120_zpsltm70fgt.jpg

Flapped off:

P1040122_zpshg5sosvv.jpg

That left the underseal with some work to do, but I think we'll get away with that.

P1040124_zpsyyp70pdc.jpg

All the other areas had a second coat tonight, and I'll look for some grey or silver paint to disguise this bit tomorrow night.

While tidying up I found an old wiper with some actual blade left in it, so after five minutes' fettling I had a back wiper which might offer more than a half-hearted smear. Not a testable item, but it's something I missed on the way to Crail last week.

The front blade is still a bit shit; maybe it's just mucky. But it's a pass'n'advise at worst.

P1040125_zpsyoxc2y7n.jpg

MOT after work tomorrow. WCPGW?

Nope, the only booty I found inside was a collection of tax disks, the bits of broken grab-handle, and a blue plastic penny whistle. (Sporty, we're looking at you now :D )

Thinking about it, somewhere I must have a new long rubber for the front - I bought a pack of three to change the front blades on the Pleasure Wagon for its test.

If I have time, I'll call in on the way tot' test and have those tyres swapped.