AUCTION! All profits go to registered* charities. (Shed-Ex ZX)

KruJoe

Sporty, it's still showing as taxed, presumably by yourself. I hope you get a refund for March and the rest... when did the V5 go in? The 306 docs came back in my name in just a week.

post-1381-0-15566600-1457125603_thumb.jpg

I cancelled my new insurance policy for this today (within my 14 days'"cooling off" time), so it cost me £43 for 12 days of whatever it is. Not too shabby. £25 of that'll be the cancellation admin fee. Buying a new annual policy and quitting within a fortnight is deffo the cheapest way for temp insurance. 

Sporty, it's still showing as taxed, presumably by yourself. I hope you get a refund for March and the rest... when did the V5 go in? The 306 docs came back in my name in just a week.

attachicon.gifScreenHunter_30 Mar. 04 21.05.jpg

I cancelled my new insurance policy for this today (within my 14 days'"cooling off" time), so it cost me £43 for 12 days of whatever it is. Not too shabby. £25 of that'll be the cancellation admin fee. Buying a new annual policy and quitting within a fortnight is deffo the cheapest way for temp insurance.

I cancelled the dd in the last days of Feb. I have forgotten to send the V5 off, though. I was holding it back till the end of the month so you got that months tax.

Off to check the bank......

It's now parked outside his mother's kitchen window, scabby bonnet proudly facing the house. She's gonna be well pleased* when she comes back from her hols tomorrow.

Shit, forgot about that. Mum will not be pleased that a car that was meant to be moved on from the household quickly, has in fact been bought by her other son. What a pickle.

Joe, we could have some right fun with a collection thread for this.... I have an idea, get thinking!

Looks like it, but you can sell it on to Castros bro for a guaranteed profit of £22.02 in a few weeks time.

When are you thinking of coming for this? Want to get it shifted pretty quick really or it will end up on eBay.

Thanks

Don't worry Will, I can style it out, and say it's paid for, and not mention your name. I'll just say CB is coming from Portugal or whatever for it after Easter. We can make it a little less "in her face" than it is now. Out of sight, out of mind etc.

I was holding it back till the end of the month so you got that months tax......

Thanks v much Chris, it worked for me.. I checked daily that it was still showing before using it, just in case. I don't want you losing out on March, though I doubt you will because I think they take the cash about 20 days after the start of the month. Which is nice.

Will use the cooling off period then in future. That is mega cheap!

Aye. I paid £266 on a debit card up front with AA. Other companies charge less for admin, but even with the £25, it was still the cheapest. Now I wait for the £223 refund. 

Are you still doing midweeks in The Deep South and home for weekends Cameron? It's a surprisingly comfy long legged cruiser when it's asked to be. The 106D feels really tiny, vulnerable and frantic at 70 in comparison.

I'd feel bad for CB if you have it away before he can get to us...

...I am glad it'll stay in the community though, whoever has it. I did this:

P1040161_zpsig8mbapo.jpg

That's one of the stickers Ruff sent me in exchange for some 306 door check straps to fit his floppy top.

I'm rocking a petrol 1.1 106 up and down each weekend at the moment (2300-ish miles a month) and I'm used to it, I suppose.

Shit... we need to get you on some veg. The ZX will quite happily run  50-70% on the Lucas pump that would be a massive saving for you. Plus you could still claim mileage for work :D

Happy days all round!

Hi y'all,

Sorry for the delay but I had to go see a band.

You should let M'coli have it as he seems to need a vehicle to do similar duties as I do but more urgently. I need to know if I can have the ZX after Easter or not, either way is not a problem but a definite answer is needed as there's a load of stuff to organise around it. 

I have had several Diesel ZXs and there are others available including one nearby here which I'm going to look at this afternoon.

Right, you deserve an update on the Shed-Ex... it did sell, but until this week I wasn't 100% sure who was having it! So it has been parked up here. Collection however, is booked for tomorrow after lunch.

In the meantime,

P1040169_zpsdjcuzuvl.jpg

Shitpeas tape deployed:

P1040250_zpsvvr6xqos.jpg

I found a couple of weird sleeved screw things,

P1040256_zpso0ujkria.jpg

and used them to rebuild the broken grab handle. It doesn't spring back up but WGAF?

P1040257_zpscwfj4ly2.jpg

The radio has brill reception, and has a flashing French flag

P1040186_zpso1ok15n5.jpg

I had the infamous trailer board out for another mission, and proved the ZX's plug works:

P1040160_zpsgfbrrost.jpg

Also, today after being parked up for a week or whatever, the good old girl sparked right up, first touch of the key. It looks like the fuel gauge has come back to life too!

Though to restore the shite yin-yang, the fuse box cover fell off onto my shins.

A true winner wagon. It'll do its new owner proud. Best of all it's staying in our Autoshite community. :)

Shit... we need to get you on some veg. The ZX will quite happily run  50-70% on the Lucas pump that would be a massive saving for you. Plus you could still claim mileage for work :D

Happy days all round!

Unfortunately, I'm not able to claim mileage for work...  The veg sounds good though.

Cheers Cameron! That's who it is, as I'm sure you know.

I hope you enjoyed a good hoon home, we expect a full write-up in your shenanigans thread :D

The good man gave us £230 for it, £100 will cover the cost of fuel to collect it, welding supplies, test fee etc, and the other £130 of that will be split between the Chompy-Bub Fund, and Dave's Donation Box. Everyone's a winner.