Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I've got a stiff one!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nigel bickle

nigel bickle

• Full Members
  • 3,429 posts
  • Locationnear to Liege

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:36 PM

Ok -smut aside -my 'G' plate Croma brake pedal has gone v hard on the Missus!Works fine -just a LOT of effort. Calipers seem fine -discs are nice and shiny; handbrake excellent -and nothing sticks/pulls.So -I thought servo -except there isnt one! The m/cyl is over on the nearside -bolted direct to the bulkhead. There's no rubber pipework that I can see -or any remote servo type shape -unless I'm losing my marbles.So-I moved onto the linkage across the car -but i cant see it. Anyone know if its under the bonnet or in the footwells? Only thing I can think of is that somethings trapped on it- but I'm open to ideas/thoughts?
Barkas,Datsun 411s, U11sssFiat 850, 1100's,124, 127, Stradas, Croma,Regata,Coupes,Gaz's,Isuzu 117,Bellel,BellettFord Taunus,Transit p/up, Nissan Pintara,Pug J7,505, MussoRenault 4,5,9's,12's,18's,Fuegos,21,25, Safrane, Colorale,Fregate's,Caravelle,Seat Ibiza,Ronda, Simca Aronde, 1100, Standard's (various),<p>Zast 313, Zaz 968's

#2 OFFLINE   garethj

garethj

• Full Members
  • 4,133 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:56 AM

I'd stake what's left of my reputation on there being a servo in there somewhere. Worth phoning Partco or someone to see if they list master cylinders with and without servos for the poverty spec model, but I reckon everything by 1988 had a servo on it.

#3 OFFLINE   Mr_Bo11ox

Mr_Bo11ox

• Full Members
  • 21,416 posts
  • LocationUttoxeter/Derby

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:08 AM

My Audi 200 does not have a servo as such, but it has some kind of hydraulic assistance for the brakes, which works on the steering too. When the engine is not running, the brakes are absolutely solid.

PIGEONZ NEST

CHECK OUT MY AWARD-WINNING SHITE-FIXING BLOG HERE

"THE 2.3 POWERTRAIN IS A SILENT IS AS A FISH, AND IT PULLS LIKE A GREAT"
"The engine has airbrushed skulls on it"

"Car shows are full of mentals talking tosh"

#4 OFFLINE   KruJoe

KruJoe

Joe Cleland

• Full Members
  • 6,565 posts
  • LocationChiangMai.th / Malhamdale.uk

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:25 AM

That rings a bell with me ^ Mr_B.My S2 blew it's hydraulic pump in spectacular fashion with fluid all over the engine bay. It was almost unsteerable after that, and it took a lot of slowing down.Or maybe there's a separate little vacuum pump like some diesels - but that'd still need a servo hidden somewhere.

#5 OFFLINE   nigel bickle

nigel bickle

• Full Members
  • 3,429 posts
  • Locationnear to Liege

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:22 PM

Well -i've looked pretty closely -and you'd expect a big black tuby thing from that inlet manifold -wouldnt you?I'll have another look tomorrow -its a reeet bastad to work on..
Barkas,Datsun 411s, U11sssFiat 850, 1100's,124, 127, Stradas, Croma,Regata,Coupes,Gaz's,Isuzu 117,Bellel,BellettFord Taunus,Transit p/up, Nissan Pintara,Pug J7,505, MussoRenault 4,5,9's,12's,18's,Fuegos,21,25, Safrane, Colorale,Fregate's,Caravelle,Seat Ibiza,Ronda, Simca Aronde, 1100, Standard's (various),<p>Zast 313, Zaz 968's

#6 OFFLINE   Dead_E23

Dead_E23

• Full Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:08 PM

I've just Googled to see if I could find anything out about how the Saab 9000's brakes work, since it apparently shares a platform with the Croma. I found this on Saabscene - might give you a clue about where to start looking:

If you listen carefully when you turn on the ignition, you will hear the fuel pump run until pressure is generated in the fuel rail and also the brake servo pump below the 'aquarium' through the passenger footwell.

Edited to add: Ooh - that's my 100th post! Milestone!

#7 OFFLINE   Volksy

Volksy

• Full Members
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationThe vortex that transends time and space leading to destruction of the universe

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:15 PM

If you listen carefully when you turn on the ignition, you will hear the fuel pump run until pressure is generated in the fuel rail and also the brake servo pump below the 'aquarium' through the passenger footwell.

I've had two 9000's, and never noticed a tank full of angel fish in the passenger footwell... :roll:

#8 OFFLINE   MrRegieRitmo

MrRegieRitmo

• Full Members
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationS Coast England

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:19 PM

I've had two 9000's, and never noticed a tank full of angel fish in the passenger footwell... :roll:

I would say my footwells were more 'pond' like! :roll:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users