Not Another Suzuki Swift Raffle! Sold locally, soz

Matt

Edit: Sold locally, soz!

Lets do this thing. Tickets are £10 each for latterly explained reasons but if someone really wants to buy it outright PM me. If it gets to the point of all the tickets being sold I'll use random.org (or bonus ball if we want to rely on some else to post) to select a winner. I'll give out Paypal payment details towards the end to make life a bit more simple.

I had it up on Facebook for £600 and got quite a lot of interest, decided to put the buyers against each other by putting it on Ebay and got radio silence. Bugger. Tickets therefore will likely need to be about a tenner a pop to meet that previous interest plus it'd help with the fact my blue Swift needs MORE bloody work done to the brakes plus a new mirror sourced. Oh yeah if someone sees an Adriatic Blue O/S mirror for sale for one of these for the love of god let me know. Apparently they're stupidly rare.

Let me know what you guys think about that price per ticket.

Engine: 1.0 (993cc) 54 bhp, 56(.1!) Lb-Ft at 3300 RPM (read: slow)

Mileage: under 16,700. Yes, really.

MOT: January 2017

Location: Dumfries and Galloway about one hour from M6 junction 45/A74(M) junction 22/Gretna Green. I could meet the buyer/winner at Dumfries train station if needs be.

6 months tax = £60.50
12 months tax = £110 or £9.63 per month totalling £115.50

It's a 2002 GLS but lacks the SE specification that some have so no front fogs, colour coded mirrors, power steering or rear wing. I took a gamble by buying it back in November after it had sat on someone's drive for four years. The previous owner moved to Bristol and didn't fancy driving the car around there so it was left on her mothers driveway 50 miles after having it MOT'd and 30 miles after having it serviced. Her mother would start it up and let it get to temperature every now and then but had to stop a few months before I came along due to poor health so the battery was a goner. I put a new battery on it and it started right up. Left it until January, it started fine again, drove to the MOT station with no issues and passed first time with no advisories. Remarkably all of the rubber stuff seems to have survived completely intact and in some respects drives better than my other one. The tester mentioned that the oil filter had some corrosion but I was going to service it anyway. That was done this month with Castrol GTX and a Bosch filter.

It actually came from Canterbury originally, somehow wound up in Scotland and the previous owners husband did drive it to Bristol and back at one point. Quite how little the two owners before the couple I bought it from used it I really can't work out.

Kit

Electric windows with automatic down on the drivers side, Neither sides have runner/carrier damaged which is a common problem on these. 

Central locking (not remote)

Electrical adjustable door mirrors

CD player

It's virtually a mini Rolls Royce.

Exterior

Pretty good. The O/S/R has some scrapes and a dent in the quarter panel which I reckon happened at the same time and there's a couple of dents in the boot lid. The quarter panel dent did remove paint and there is some rust bit it doesn't seems to have spread at all. The paint on the rear bumper where the top and bottom halves meet is flaking off which seems to be a problem on silver ones. The floorboards and sills where these tend to rot are solid as are the arches. I've given all the wheels a quick refurbish. It's not the best job as it's been cold and some more layers of paint would have been good but they look better than they did. A couple of wheels weight went missing while I was doing this so it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to get them balanced.

Interior

Other than one nick in the passenger door card it's basically mint. No mould had appeared from it sitting so all it needed was a front seats out vacuum, surfaces wiped down and windows cleaned.

Driving it
The engine is sweet and compared to my other one that has 67k miles on the clock you can tell that some things feel much nicer. The seatbelts don't stick and the clutch/gas pedals are really light mainly. There was a bit of a vibration in the steering wheel when I drove it at first which seems to have gone away now that I've swapped the wheels around. I reckon it was down the budget tyres. All five tyres have basically as-new levels of tread but they say "made in Serbia and Montenegro" on them. Take that for what you will. Premium brand tyres are basically £30 a corner on these so I'd just change them if I was keeping it honestly. The steering wheel is on a bit squint for some reason, I'll try and sort that.

Over the three years I've owned the blue one I've averaged 50 MPG and got as much as 60 MPG. No speculative bullshit here, that's PHAKT and before it started throwing brake problems at me left, right and centre six months ago it had been totally reliable.

DSC_6344_zpshrqv2quq.jpg

DSC_6345_zps6wu6neob.jpg

DSC_6346_zpsaeqg1fq0.jpg

DSC_6343_zpsx0bjfouz.jpg

DSC_6352_zpsumrv2ien.jpg

DSC_6348_zpsr6wrdw8i.jpg

DSC_6351_zps3z7xg6j0.jpg

DSC_6347_zpsazdul7v2.jpg

DSC_6354_zpsko5qvehf.jpg

DSC_6353_zpsaqhu3pat.jpg

DSC_6355_zpsrjezurqa.jpg

A dealer would call this full service history.

DSC_6357_zpsolzribh2.jpg

Bonus shite points if the winner of Robsons car puts a tow bar on it, drives across to me and A-frames this away.

2. diesel=ambrosia
5. WilsonWilson
9. For Fiats Sake
14. Tickman
24. Tickman
39. The Moog
42. BenHar
48. brickwall
53. For Fiats Sake

What are the reasons for not using the bonus ball?

Because I have no idea where it's broadcast and never watch TV. I could leave it up to other folks to report if everyone else is happy with that I suppose.