(NOS) Shitter Cassette Radios (More than one of each available)

Aston Martin

Deal done with Aston Martin on an Alpine. Given that at least one of the speakers in the Prelude has a loose connection or is out of phase, it's needing sorting. I think it'll be an easy mod to put a 3.5mm jack input for modern choonz. And this will look (and sound) a million times better than the modern Panasonic jobbie that's currently installed.

Which one of you lot is going to get that screen 'working' first? :lol:

Well I reckon Hirst will beat me to it, but I have managed before with my out of date tvs

post-3477-0-88737100-1463689592_thumb.jpg

I have a digi box which has a coaxial output, rather than scart, so I reckon with one of those little inverters which will give 240v from the car 12v supply theres a chance.

4K 300inch tv/radios are sold out... I have one left, but it's soo stupid I may keep it,

Which one of you lot is going to get that screen 'working' first? :lol:

it won't be me, I have bought one and don't even have a car for it to go yet. So another car needed now obviously (that's what I will tell the wife).

They were pretty close to top of the range in about 1990. Brand new old stock will be sought after for restorations of late 80s early 90s Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, BMW etc. £200 no problem.

Kenwoods can be valuable, Alpines are usually sought after. Matsuis are cheaper than bubble wrap or polystyrene chips as packing infill.

Found this out.  It's from the JC Whitney catalogue 1985, so I assume it will be NTSC.  On the upside, the ad implies the composite video jack is two-way

Car_TV_JC_Whitney_0.jpg

Also found it had further rebranding in the US and South America as the Mustang ORTV-900.  Mustang Electronics Inc is still at 11W 30Th Street, Manhattan, NY (area is known as 'Korea Town' today).

80s_Car_TV.jpg

They were manufactured as P/N A2-01208 by Daiei Electric Co, Tagawa, Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan.  Head office at Shingawa-Ku, Tokyo.

Had a go at wiring it up on the dining table but couldn't get life out of it.  Clock I expected to see going but it seems to insist on a switch put in circuit to emulate the column ACC and IGN settings as it's been designed to not allow TV display while engine running (GR3 for Siberian roadside breaks).  Took lid off and it's a hand-soldered analogue dream, more like a 70s set.  There is some brass in there too.  Will take another look later.