Almera gearbox needed. A quiet one. FOUND.

Barry Cade

I was going to say isnt there someone on here tarting a drivable Almera for scrap money?

If you get it can I rob some bits of trim?

http://autoshite.com/topic/22746-for-sale-nissan-almera-sparesrepairs-having-a-clearout-%C2%A3100-ono-or-cheap-%C2%A3150-roffle/?hl=almera

After a daft call out to t'other side of the water last night, I arranged to pick up another Almera for spares, and dragged it home on the back of the Vito.It;s a non runner, but guy swore blind the gearbox is good. I took the chance... we shall see.

Anyway, stripped it today ( on call but quiet) and have the box out, very recent clutch in it, so that bodes well, and the oil was up to the mark and clean. As a Brucie Bonus it has a new front crossmember, which I need too, 2 new tyres,new front discs and pads and a Pioneer CD player, so this covered the cost of the car so far. I took a few other bits as spares to stash away.

Anyone need any bits before it gets crushed?

post-62-0-45416000-1456596660_thumb.jpg

post-62-0-01862100-1456596717_thumb.jpg

post-62-0-84667300-1456596781_thumb.jpg

Someone was after the rear ashtray or something

FOUND: Ultrawomble wanted this - "the rear of the centre armrest console - Im intrigued to know if yours is blank or has a power socket"

Taken from BB's for sale thread. His didn't have one it turned out, not sure if Ultrawomble ever found one/needs one still.

Shirley... does a 'full unbent front' not equate to 'too fast/ too close/ icy road tree kiss event' parts vallewe??

Or are these so plentiful in yards that benders just get fragged for washers or parts sourced from 'U-Pullit' ??

Thinking of hatch + Screen too....

TS

Rear centre console trim if it has power socket fitted wanted.

Debating swapping my alloys for steelies on the grounds that the ride is harsh on the 55 profile tyres.

Depending on trim I might be interested in the passenger seat and also the passenger side door card

Possibly a rear bumper, Im not decided yet if I want to be faffed swapping my cracked one out yet after my altercation with the telegraph pole.

Rear centre console trim if it has power socket fitted wanted.

Debating swapping my alloys for steelies on the grounds that the ride is harsh on the 55 profile tyres.

Depending on trim I might be interested in the passenger seat and also the passenger side door card

Possibly a rear bumper, Im not decided yet if I want to be faffed swapping my cracked one out yet after my altercation with the telegraph pole.

Not sure if it has a power socket! The red one has, and its a real base model. I'll have a look next time I let the dugs oot.

I need it to stay on wheels- it'll not be here long!

The interior is ToTal Mingin. Stinks of , well, stink...and hash.

Rear bumper is good, but obv black.

Round 2 today.

post-62-0-54361500-1456688275_thumb.jpg

You can see the problem with the original, 51,000 mile box. Bearing has gone and cracked the casing. Oil was filthy, and filler plug seized solid. Clutch was worn right to the rivets too- dangers of buying a low mile giffer car. Crossmember was gone- just not there. engine crossmember was bolted to a scrap of rusty metal. Upside- all the bits are good on the black one. There is a 12v socket in the rear, but the cover has been broken off.

post-62-0-46069600-1456688473_thumb.jpg

Round 2 today.

attachicon.gifWP_20160228_001.jpg

Clutch was worn right to the rivets too- dangers of buying a low mile giffer car.

There is a 12v socket in the rear, but the cover has been broken off.

attachicon.gifWP_20160228_002.jpg

Ah shitsticks:

21551386733_317c9606da_z.jpg

Giffer owner + Chorley Nissan Demo.

33K miles.

Funny whine from gearbox when releasing clutch

12V rear socket trim and any wiring you can scavenge for it however would be most welcome  as mine is just a blank panel which given its an SVE spec is a bit odd, maybe a Nissan version of Project Drive - beer vouchers and shizzle will be provided. Im going to Isopon the small crack in the back bumper on mine and probably pay Chips Away to paint it to match

Spent an hour on mine today trying to get the parking sensor buzzer working again but that was a total fail, I think the black control box is dead as its getting power and the buzzer works ( rear inside wing), the boot light on mine also doesnt work which again is annoying, fitting fine, bulb fine, but no power getting to fitting - Ive just bypassed it and put it on a 12v feed and flick switch now with LED bulb.

No idea why they do it, both Almera's are as clean as a whistle, apart from the crossmembers. This subject can lead to fisticuffs on an MOT forum.....is it a fail.....or not. New cars don't tend to have crossmembers. Punto's were also rampant for it, but that was obviously just a bolt on radiator bracket.

After changing the gearbox on my 19-year-old N15, the crossmember on that was absolutely fine, and from what I could see also original.

I can see why they dissolve because they are in amongst all the shit and salt from the roads but it is odd that mine is still in good shape. Even the bolts holding it on at either end weren't seized. The drain plug on my replacement box was seized so we gave it a seeing to with a blowtorch and that freed it off. The old one was in pretty good shape actually so we recycled the old gearbox plug since it was in better shape.

well done on saving this one. Soon there will be very few left!