Extremely High-Class Gentlemans Conveyance Acquired.

Alexg

I love the way the trade and general public look down on these.

Better than an X/ S type jag for sure.

It's always worth paying a bit more for a car that has been cherished.

Mustard mitt, I'd always take a 3.0 X type over one of these, but that's because I really like the X type handling.

This 75 nearly registered a twitch when I saw the seats. I like those.

Funnily enough this one popped up on my sub £341 search on eBay last night and I was struck by the colour of the leather....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-75-Connoisseur-Auto-/182028632623?hash=item2a61c0822f:g:5AoAAOSwezVWxiq-

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

That really is nice. The interior is class, looks better made if you now what i mean than my facelift 75. I have a towbar for the caravan, the though of a branded towbar cap  :shock:  :shock:  its too much :mrgreen:  :-P

I wonder what pile of misery the previous owners is driving now.

That car is exactly how Rover wanted their product to be seen.  It's pure class.  DO NOT try to remove the GB letters; not only are they part of the car's history and therefore character, there's a good chance of damaging the paint as you take them off.  That would be a shame!  You've got a real beauty there, and it's got a good home.  Perfection.

Funnily enough this one popped up on my sub £341 search on eBay last night and I was struck by the colour of the leather....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-75-Connoisseur-Auto-/182028632623?hash=item2a61c0822f:g:5AoAAOSwezVWxiq-

"one of these bmw petrol engines"

Ah, the grasping desperation of a seller who hopes you know less than they do...

I love the way the trade and general public look down on these.

Better than an X/ S type jag for sure.

It's always worth paying a bit more for a car that has been cherished.

I love the inverted snobbery in here sometimes.

I can't get on with the interior in 75s - but Alex's manages to be so OTT and UAE airport waiting room it comes full circle and becomes tasteful again.

There really were some batshit interior combos available on R40s, weren't there? My late great uncle had a 75 2.0 V6 with a distinctly weird metallic blue / teracotta leather seat combo I remember quite liking.

Is it inverted snobbery? 75s are decent cars, it's not like someone's defending the Laguna 2's well deserved poor reputation.

Yeah, it is. The trade and public didn't take to the 75 despite decent good initial reviews from THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA.

Anyway, look - Alex has got a cracking example with a ton of kit; I don't want to pour scorn on his moment. I'll shut up.

That's the main thing which puts me off 75s, that and the fact I find them a bit Britain First LONG LIVE OUR GLORIOUS PAST etc. 

Do you know what, I do feel that. There is something a bit "Bongo-Bongo land" about driving a ruthlessly polished 75 with additional chrome/Union Flag adornments. However it's a bit more "your Grandads a card isn't he" rather than shouting at Mosques and distributing hate-filled propaganda. But if you allow something like that to affect you, you're letting the twats win. And anywho, most of the cockwombles spouting Britain First type codswallop seem to shun such class in favour of brash and German. 

But to redress the balance and upset the applecart I'm having 'EU-IN' sign-written down the side of my 75.

I would lose the GB emblem but otherwise that' car is virtually museum standard and amazed someone has really made the effort to look after it. Lucky man!

That GB sticker makes it for me. It leads the outside world to believe they're following some kind of uber Gifferwagon whose interior has a faint waft of urine and a packet of boiled sweets in each cubby hole.

Which then greatly increases Barry in a slammed Corsa 1.2's shock when it pulls away and leaves him in a VPower haze.