£100. Waddya reckon?

nigel bickle

Herewith my latest addition, a 1984 16v Saab turbo.

[/img]Posted Image

Collected this morning - all seems -on face value -to be OK. drives well, no noises, no smoke, clean fluids and a HUGE K&N airfilter (nice noises!)

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/nigelbickle/saab/car-ebaystuff036.jpg

Needs attention to n/s front wheel arch, wiper blades, new interior mirror & a few bulbs,but thats all I've found so far.

Posted Image

Bit of tinkering -then in for a ticket...

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/nigelbickle/saab/car-ebaystuff038.jpg

Anyone know how to get the daytime running lights out? On a previous one -they had a seperate fuse -but that doesn't seem to be the case here?

Bargain. That wing is pretty bad, but the rest looks OK. What are the door bottoms and bonnet lip like? Yup, those three spoke alloys were standard on T16s AFAIK. I do like that little three-spoke steering wheel though - don't think I've seen one like that before. I seem to recall on one car I owned there was a screw or something near the headlight switch that when you removed it killed the daytime running lights. Not sure if that was a Saab or a Volvo though. Usually on 900s I've had there's been a separate fuse, as you say - I haven't checked my current one yet. Easiest way to get rid of the front ones is to just pull the wires off - back ones are a little trickier as you then lose your back lights altogether, which isn't a lot of good when it's dark. Not quite sure how you'd get around that - I'm a bit fed up with wiring at the minute, having spent two evenings this week upside down in the driver's footwell of the Subaru bypassing the f***ing immobiliser. [Edit]Good buy for that money though - sort the wing, bung an MoT on it and sling it on the Bay for £800.

Thanks -already sorted the front wing with a bit of old fridge and a dollop of wag -good enough for now. daytime lights are driving me mad -cant take the bulbs out -as Wuvvum says -I lose the rear lights. i remember another'B' plate had a seperate fuse -this doesnt. No 'little screw' by the switch either. Guess I'll need to trace the feed from the ignition -if i decide to 'smoke 'it for winter- a distinct possibility.Mr B -the viceroy is sitting here- in the bloody way! it didnt sell -twice, and I'm reluctant to drop the price too far cos I think its about right. And I'll be in 'drongo' land -some of the 'questions'!So -dont know -but if it goes into store- it'll go right to the back..

Nice one. I do have a soft spot for these old trains. Any idea whats lurking underneath those bolt-on lower panels? I removed a drl fuse and that sorted out the problem but my car was 3/4 years older than this one - you might have to do some investigation and pull some wires out from the actual light unit or possibly find a relay unit from an earlier car? Hope you're good with car electrics!

nice,:D did u sort the lights?Used to be fuse number 20 or 22. no relays unless someones buggered with the wiring. post '87 models saab dropped the DRL's.notice your grill is from a pre '84 model. (accident?)btw: where do you find these 100 quid cars? people get more for scrap these days...

Thanks for asking -forgot to update.passed its MOt first time. The front n/s handbrake was a bit reuctant -so we raised the ramp and hit it with a big hammer. That did the trick...Front daytime running lights casued amusement. N/s works as should -o/s comes on when I put the car into reverse. Sorted by the simple expedient of removving the bulbs. Rears still on though....So taxed and tested now -and in use. Needs a tow bar soon -but I think I've sourced one. Seems damn quick -although it feels as is fuel delivery tails off when pressed -so I guess a service (inc cap, plugs, points, rotor cap etc -as its got a small but persistent misfire) and fuel filter needed.The grille is an 84 -cos the car is an 84? A late flat front, with the 16valve turbo jobbie. Nice mix. Even got the 'dead' original stereo to work (came with a working replacement spare!) by warming it with the heater! I think it has an internal memory lithium thingy -and its flat from lack of use. See if use causes it to recharge/recover- or lash out on a replacement.Handy -cos my later slope fronted one def needs the slave cyl doing- pissing everywhere. Looks a bit forlorn at pres.