2000 Omega 2.5 V6 Elite Estate (project/spares!)

Ian_Fearn

I'm writing this thinking there can't possibly be a less tempting proposition anywhere in the world but anyway....

I've got a Omega V6 auto. Its an Elite. Its done about 90k and its tatty inside and out (been using it whilst renovating houses). Have had it 2 and a half years and its been a faultless workhorse (till now). It does look great* when cleaned. MOT till October (i think).

The main issue is that its using water. I caught it trying to overheat a couple of weeks back but switched it off. It took about 4 litres of coolant and its not obviously leaking anywhere. There's always been a little mayo in the oil filler neck and there's no more now than ever before.

According to the Omega forum, its more likely to be the oil cooler than HGF but i'm just going to get rid. Its still driveable, runs brilliantly and hasn't overheated since keeping the coolant topped up. Other than what I already know, i'm sure I could sell it to some average punter as there's nothing seemingly wrong with it!

The gearbox drops into neutral once or twice when cold but flick it to '3' and then back to 'D' and its fine (its overdue its gearbox oil change now but i've got the oil and filters to do it). No problems at all when warm. Been like this since i got it.

Its got loads of useful parts or somebody with some time could sort it and run it for another few years. Theres no rust to speak off and with the exception of the bootlid the body is straight. Did get a load of advisories at its last MOT.

So is anybody interested in taking it on before I take it to the bridge?

Yep, they pretty much single handedly knackered scrap prices up. An all time (that I can remember) low is only just on the up at the minute. The best way to get a good idea is to go on Cartakeback.com and see what they offer as they usually (bit not always) offer the most scrap money.

Yep, they pretty much single handedly knackered scrap prices up. An all time (that I can remember) low is only just on the up at the minute. The best way to get a good idea is to go on Cartakeback.com and see what they offer as they usually (bit not always) offer the most scrap money.

I'd rather it went to become something useful to somebody.

Think even 70 quid is optimistic scrap value. I cant get no more better than 40 on a Vectra c and I'm in derby too. Probably not worth scrapping it. Here will be best bet to sell

I'm in Derby next week. If the price comes down to £40 I might just go for it. £70 is too high because I don't actually need another car, but always liked an omega which is using water.

Bit more info and PICS!

I bought this from a work colleague. He'd had it for years. When he first bought it, I thought it was amazing and always asked him to let me know if he sold it. Well fast forward lots of years, the colleague had retired and called me out of the blue to say it was time for something newer. I hadn't seen the car for years but agreed to buy it. I knew he'd had no trouble with it and had serviced it at Archway Vauxhall in Derbyshire although he'd kept virtually no paperwork. It was ready for some love. I changed the oil, stuck some tyres on it and have ran it all over the country. I've put new steering arms on the front and back, new genuine exhaust back box a year back and basically thats it. 

The dent in the bootlid is 100% me. I lost an arguament with a wheelie bin on the way out to see the mother in law hence was always stressed out.

DSC_0401_zpsfzqw3rqy.jpg

DSC_0403_zpspk2vv7on.jpg

DSC_0404_zpsdexk6ijm.jpg

DSC_0405_zps0da7i1o8.jpg

Wheels are worth £100 , stick it on the omega forum it'll go easily.

As for your leak it could well be a small crack in the plastic on top of the rad, it evaporates when it's running so you never see the leak. Take off the trim panels when it's running and see or check the drain tap bottom right of rad as the o ring leaks

Ace cars Omegas, I've had 7