LDV van MOT'd £120 Cambridge

Cavcraft

*Not mine*

LDV van (Pilot? The one that replaced the 200)

MOT

£120, Cambridge.

Seemingly the lad sold it to someone who never paid him then knackered the engine up.

He says it's the Peugeot engine so I would assume it's DW8 or XUD.

He needs it gone ASAP, I don't know him but his name is Patrick Lambert and hes a member of Ovalchat Banger Racing Forum on Facebook.

Had he been local I'd have had this and put my spare XUD in it.

image.jpg

'The mot is until 12th of March, the bloke I bought it off originally often spent money on it to keep it in good nick, it's not long ago had brake master cylinder, King pins and a power steering pump, I'll have an engine the same coming for it in around a months time if someone is willing to wait'

This would be the perfect opportunity to fit a turbocharged XUD from a 406, wind the boost up and go Sprinter baiting.  I had a Leyland Daf 200 which had been fitted with a Montego turbo diesel engine, and that was good fun (in a straight line at least).

And take it up to Crail  :-D

This would be the perfect opportunity to fit a turbocharged XUD from a 406, wind the boost up and go Sprinter baiting.  I had a Leyland Daf 200 which had been fitted with a Montego turbo diesel engine, and that was good fun (in a straight line at least).

There was a lad on MacDroitwich who fitted an L-series to a Sherpa.

I really like that. We could use a parts van at the unit.

Good job I have a holiday to go on next week and a ton of money coming to me expenses on Tuesday, innit?

To be honest, after last week I never want to set foot in Cambridge Central station ever again.

Does it / can it drive?

I think it's been cooked, Jon. I can try and get more details if you like, but I'm pretty sure it'll need recovering or towing. He's not a mate of mine but I could probably link you in to him on FB if you want?