PUG FREE 06 - Anyone want my 306 1.9Dturbo?

320touring

As you have no doubt seen around these parts, my Pug 306 is pining for the Fjords due to cambelt failure.

Its MOT'd til October, has 156K miles on it. In the last 2 K i has had a coolant change and oil service, plus glowplugs.

Brakes and gearbox wok well, XUD lump not so much. Interior is in decent order bar the leak into passenger footwell.

4 alloys with decent tread. Rear beam is drum but in good order

It's currently in the South of Glasgow, and I'm happy to meet folks if they'd like to see it.

It will need towed as it is a full on FTP.

£FREE

post-17572-0-93557100-1455472255_thumb.jpg

post-17572-0-80469500-1455472259_thumb.jpg

post-17572-0-17693700-1455472263_thumb.jpg

post-17572-0-22376300-1455472265_thumb.jpg

post-17572-0-22479100-1455472266_thumb.jpg

(A) framed for a crime they didn't commit, they escaped from a maximum security federal prison to a life on the Yorkshire underground.

If you've got a sub-prime diesel Peugeot, and you cannae be arsed to fix it, it'll definitely be snapped up by... The Cleland Team!

How many cylinder heads on it again? Fitting a Rover with four cylinder heads is just asking for HGF.

IIRC it's only one gasket, too, and they sort of overlap, so you can't just swap the gasket on the affected cylinder/s. 'Cause that would be far too sensible.

Its 4 separate gaskets, but the heads are held down with bolts between the two heads and big washers bridging the gap, so you cant remove one head without releasing the bolt tension on the adjacent heads

That's almost more annoying! Go VM!

That engine is a major reason for me never owning a diesel Cherokee. If I found one with the gutless 2.1 Renault one I'd almost consider it.

To add to the obscure diesel theme, a friend from years back fitted a Lister LPWT4 (all of 60bhp, but lots of torque) into a Transit Minibus. Sounds terrible but actually went rather well.

I helped him out by finding a vac pump alternator, so he could have brakes too.