Anyone want a Xedos?

wuvvum

I've just had a second chance offer on one. M reg, MoT just out, tax till end of November, black, V6 manual, needs handbrake adjusting & central locking doesn't work. £160, which I think is pretty darn cheap for a good running V6 Xedos. Only problem is it needs to be picked up from Barton on Humber before the tax runs out on Friday night, and I ain't gonna have time to do that now. So if anyone's interested let me know and I'll put them in touch with the seller.

Posted Image

Thats a top motor for minimal beans, they are worth jack-shit, trade-in but have a small following that will pay a reasonable price for a good un. Most of them tend to get "left in wills" and group 16 insurance puts the the average Shiter off.Its......A) The bargain of the century.or B) got some terminal afflication like a duff HG or g/box.

The Xedos V6 is a two-litre, Reg. Insurance is relatively logical, but isn't based purely on engine size - risk/ease of theft, and the ease of repair plus cost of parts are also factors. For example, cars like the Nissan Bluebird and Pug 306 have low insurance groups relative to their competition, presumably because they are easy to repair and, being built in Blighty, the parts are cheaper too. One assumes that the relatively low production volume of the Xedos, plus shipping parts from Japan, contributes to the high grouping. My 3.0-litre Omega was group 16 IIRC, as was my 3.0-litre Sigma estate.

That is definately the reason, a Hyundai Pony is group 8, a 306 D-Turbo is group 5, which is the most likely to be involved in a collision? But have you ever asked a Hyundai dealer about replacement panels? "No, I`ve already got your phone number, how much is this front grille? Oh...." (followed by a weak groan.)