2001 Astra Coupe

Mike D

Evening Shiters!

I bought this off my mate at work about 2 years ago, at 100k miles. He was the original owner from new and had looked after it a treat. Its had about 3 cambelts in its lifetime and a full service history. I did the thermostat on it and then sold it to my brother in law. He's had it for 2 years and 20k now, MOT is up in a week, it'll definitely need the handbrake adjusting for that, it had 4 new tyres last year so they are ok. I think it needs a crank sensor too as it cuts out now and again, it starts straight up and runs fine after. I tried plugging my code reader in it but it wont have it so my guess will have to do. Now and again it brings the abs light on when you start it up.. if you let it get its lights cycles its normally ok, and again it goes off after a restart. It aso seems to have a grumble from the alternator or a tensioner. I'm highly doubtful it's cambelt related due to the many dealer changes.

Main points:

Silver

Coupe

1.8 16v, uses no fluids

cat back stainless exhaust (sadly its a bit loud for my tastes)

weeks MOT

taxed to get you home

It needs a clean, few small rust scabs but nowt serious.

X571KDO for the mot history, had excessive corrosion in 2012 which a mate cut out, welded up and sealed (he's good) so it's a solid old bus

it wants a good hoover out, and the passenger side side front bumper mount wants popping back in. Its got irmscher splitter etc which you could probably sell on...

£300? It's in Scartho, Lincs. I can pick you up from the train station if needed after work hours and i'll treat you to fish n chips.

Cheers

Mike

Sorry it's a proper ebay cretin pic, it's the only one I've got!  This is it though!

post-177-0-24320900-1454703729_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...