Sporty DisAstra 2002 1.8 SRi

purplebargeken

Bloke at work. Likes his Astras. He's bought a newer one as the 2002 one failed its MOT on emissions. He had the garage fit a new EGR setup and didn't do anything else with it. 

He's done lots of routine stuff on the car, brakes, shocks I think. 

The car is in good condition, starts and drives, no MOT. Is located in Hatfield - Hertfordshire.

Average miles I believe. The car is the 5 door model and is black in colour.

Price 400 quid.

PM me if you haz interest.

Sorry, I'm not an expert on these things but imo you'd be struggling to get much north of 500 quid for it, a 2002 astra is in no mans land, too old for the general population to be interested and not old enough to be old/retro.

Not an eggspurt though so Vx lickers, make yourselves known.

I think Mk4 has kept a good reputation - and you see a few late ones going for good money still (especially if it is an eco4 diesel or something). Beginning to see a few OMGHGF around with these though (that killed both of mine)...

All the petrol ones seem to need frequent oil top ups.

A bit underrated vs the Focus I think.

^^Fucksake he's hardly gonna go for that option if it's in sight of an MOT. As long as it runs ok (these engines do have some crazy sensor issues from time to time-mostly sortable though) then it shouldn't bite you in the buttox if you take it on. If your mate sees sense and lowers his price accordingly, I would suggest it might be worth taking on.