VW Golf Mk3.5 convertible for sale

wuvvum

Here's another gem from Wuvvum Convertible Sales Ltd Inc.

It's a V-reg Golf 1.6 convertible.  It's the slightly odd model which was basically a Mk3 but with a Mk4 front end grafted on and a mildly updated arse.  The engine is a 1.6-litre 8-valve petrol, so it's no R32 but pulls well enough considering.  It drives pretty well overall.  Mileage is just under 150K.

The bodywork is mostly fairly good but there's a bit of a dent in the front edge of the offside front wing.  The hood has a couple of scruffy bits and it's had a smallish repair, but it's not bad overall and it appears to keep the rain out OK.  It also buzzes open and closed on the button.

Interior is also in fairly good order, although the bottom half of the steering column surround has gone walkabout.

There are a few not so good bits:

-A few electrical bits don't work (stereo, reversing lights, HRW)

-The handbrake light is permanently on.  There's plenty of fluid and the handbrake is releasing as it should.  Were this a PSA product I'd be tempted to suspect the presence of a coin of some description in the handbrake mechanism, but this is a Dub so it can't be that.

-The central locking is temperamental and works when it feels like it.  Doors can be locked individually though.  Also, I don't know if this would have had remote locking when it was new, but it doesn't now - you stick the key in the door locks the old fashioned way.

-When I bought the car, it wouldn't idle when hot.  The previous owner reckoned he'd been told it was the MAF sensor, but this didn't seem quite right as it was running perfectly well at anything over 1,000 revs.  Also, unplugging the sensor made it run worse.  A couple of people suggested dodgy vacuum pipes, and a poke around the engine bay did indeed reveal several pipes which either had splits in them or were just looking generally knackered.  I've patched up / replaced the ones I've found and it does now seem to run a lot better - it's still not quite 100% but it will now idle when warm, which is a definite improvement.

The car's MOT'd until late July.  It comes with a selection of bills and old MOTs, although the service book is only stamped up to 108K.  It's in NE Norfolk and I'd like £350 for it.

Pictures:

post-190-0-75700600-1454447322_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-77461100-1454447344_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-87616300-1454447277_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-36061300-1454447300_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-85327400-1454447255_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-67386100-1454447366_thumb.jpg

Have a bump for my grumpiness! Last week, I was looking for a car, and struggled to find anything half decent.

This week, MG ZS on local F*cebook page, this and now Bobthebeard is loaning out a Prelude.

Just my luck.

I know it's no good to you, Wuv, but I would have had this at this price. It looks a proper bargain. 

100 quid a month?

Thanks for the offer chief, but I can't really do that in this instance because of the reasons in my post above - I leave for 'Muricuh in just over a month, and really need to sell this (or the Rover, or the LDV - but not having much luck with those either) before that. 

If the car's still here when I get home, it'll be spring and warmer* weather, and - fickle fool that I am - I'd probably then decide to keep it... :roll: