Autoshite product reccomendations.

Futuramic

Just ahd a look at what Screwfix offer and its basically diluted Hydrochloric Acid according to the COSSH sheets. How much did you dilute the cleaner "concentrate" by. Crossmember itsefl is probably to big to "dunk" but other bits won't be.

This aversion to Fairy is something I don't get. Having used all sorts of detergents/washing liquids in a past job, at the end of an exhaustive test (it was a double shift, I was indeed exhausted) Fairy is the best thing I've come across - the water rarely has to have enough in it to feel soapy for it still to work.Then there's the "never use it on bodywork because of the salt it contains" - if there's a running water, then I'll use it to wash the roadsalt off of my car in winter because it can't have any more than is already on it, surely...

Your opinion flies in the face of those 'in the know' then. High salt content is one of the things that gives it its cleaning power. The stuff you don't manage to rinse away is what can do the damage. Besides, road salt and sea water are not quite the same.

Just ahd a look at what Screwfix offer and its basically diluted Hydrochloric Acid according to the COSSH sheets. How much did you dilute the cleaner "concentrate" by. Crossmember itsefl is probably to big to "dunk" but other bits won't be.

I use it un-diluted. I have a 25 litre drum full of the stuff to dunk stuff in. Big things i do one end at a time. I have used it in a spray bottle to remove surface rust from a NOW panel before too.

Some Coke is excellent for cleaning the grime off smaller stuff.

I prised a B18 badge off a early 122S in a Huddersfield scrapyard. It was sound but utterly humming.

Some Humbrol spray and masking and she'll be reet again.

Posted Image

This aversion to Fairy is something I don't get. Having used all sorts of detergents/washing liquids in a past job, at the end of an exhaustive test (it was a double shift, I was indeed exhausted) Fairy is the best thing I've come across - the water rarely has to have enough in it to feel soapy for it still to work.Then there's the "never use it on bodywork because of the salt it contains" - if there's a running water, then I'll use it to wash the roadsalt off of my car in winter because it can't have any more than is already on it, surely...

Your opinion flies in the face of those 'in the know' then. High salt content is one of the things that gives it its cleaning power. The stuff you don't manage to rinse away is what can do the damage. Besides, road salt and sea water are not quite the same.
Fairy is very very bad. Not only is it salty, it is also very abrasive. Anything you wash your mitts with after fettling is probably not good for your paint!That said, if you are too tight to spring for SWARFEGA, get your lass to add Fairy + a spoonful of sugar to your hands when you come indoors from spannering- clean hands in an instant!

How did we get on to sea water in the first place???!!!Anyway, product recommendations: bought a car polisher at the weekend, and used Autoglym's colour restorer and then super resin polish - both of which are the excellent, in my opinion, and the polisher makes the job dead easy too. Even if I'm not doing it right, which I suspect I'm not.

If anyone's looking to respray their car on the cheap, in a single car garage with no room for a compressor, I cannot rate the Earlex SprayStation highly enough. Very little overspray, a very acceptable finish despite my inexperience, and easy to clean.

That's ok then - I've got one for doing the Avenger, I just have to find the nerve to try it!