'93 Mondy thread - K reg data geek

egg

Have you seen those fluorescent yellow mk1's anywhere in the Kent area? When I lived in Sittingbourne, I saw them around occasionally and remember them on a club display at a car show I went to at Sittingbourne FC football ground about 10 years ago.

I think they were K platers

Just bumping this to see if anyone can bring it a bit closer to Kent please? I need to check (using the old bumper) whether it will fit ok in my Fusion. Shitely relay anywhere closer would be great thanks.

My MIL's house in Romford would be good!

I attempted 2 jobs on the GLX. The first was to remove another rotting water pipe. I could work out what one of the attachments was (white arrow) but wasn't sure where the other connectors were so left it for now (fail).

I thought, oh well, I could take the drive belt off at least. But I don't have a 14mm open/ring spanner for the tensioner, only a socket (fail).

An hour of faffing well spent :-(

The wheels are as rusty as on the base too....

post-20084-0-51275100-1509109218_thumb.jpg

post-20084-0-47068800-1509109256_thumb.jpg

Like I say you’ll probably have to hit some of the fixings with the grinder, makes a 10 second job of farting M6/8 nuts holding stuff like this in. Chances are it will rag out with your hands.

1.hammer

2.disk grinder

3.kick it go for tea....................

• 3 weeks later...

The new bumper arrived by Shiply today. Saved about £30 or £40 this way with the help of RantingYoof who I thank for collection and storage!

There was some slight damage inflicted by the seller, but I believe this can be glued. It wouldn't be a Mondy bumper without some imperfections!

I think it is going on the car as is, and I'll get it sprayed in the spring.

post-20084-0-04035300-1510574255_thumb.jpg

post-20084-0-53331300-1510574273_thumb.jpg

Today I used some Qbond to repair the broken bit of bumper and put it on the car. Not too bad a fit for a pattern panel. Plan is to add the rubber trim and get it painted in the spring, as the Base is going away this winter I think.

The side I glued isn't quite right but probably can be improved with some fettling. 

I still need to do the screws that require the entire wheel archer liner to be removed for access, which means wheels off, which means I can't be asked on a cold November day.

Also forgot the washers for the rear mounting screws, but hey ho.

The radio starting working again today for no reason, lol.

Anyway, the temporary unpainted look enhances it's base/shite credentials!!

post-20084-0-48362500-1511639020_thumb.jpg

post-20084-0-88715200-1511639038_thumb.jpg

Wheel trim came off when I was going to remove the wheel. It's safely stashed, and I have got one new non-rusty wheel, so I might get the tyre swapped while I'm at it.

Project GLX has succumbed to various domestic shit (not shite) and colder weather which has made it less attractive to work on. MOT ends on 4/12/17, and I have no off road storage other than my rental lock-up garage, but the car doesn't run and the garage is awkward to access...

The cooling system is in bits and it needs the cambelt doing and water pump.

In other words, the shite has got on top of me. Tomorrow it's thinking cap on to find a way to get it all sorted. As every time I sit in it, I know I want it up and running.

Bumpers looking great though even in primer. Nice work.

Can't say I blame you not wanting to work outdoors on cars this time of year. I hate doing it too so tend to ease right off this time of year, odd bits and bobs but nothing involving. I hate getting cold and wet. Annoying though when your up against it with your December mot timescale.

I did have some off road parking arranged, for £20 a month, but it's not available now until mid December ish. I could just leave the car on the road and chance it. The plan was to get it beaver-tailed up to the parking space as it's only 2 miles away.