'93 Mondy thread - K reg base 4 sale (not mine)

egg

There's nothing obvious wrong with the old switch, so not sure what the problem was...

attachicon.gif15018567616301925544584.jpg

Perhaps the contacts were dirty enough to stop the switch from working, but not dirty enough to look like there was anything wrong with them? Saab 9-5 electric window and mirror switches often fail like that, but they are easy to strip down and clean, restoring their operation and saving having to fork out for new ones.

My verona mk2 has rheostat,heated front screen,rear interior light,front fog wires but no electric seat. Will I have wiring for footwear lights ?

No I don't think you will, they got deleted as far as I know after the facelift on the Mk1. Easy upgrade for yours is a Ghia interior light. Has angle poise map reading lights. Takes all of about 30 secs to fit. If you can find one that is.

Worthwhile mod as it was good if the wife wanted to read while I was driving.

Perhaps the contacts were dirty enough to stop the switch from working, but not dirty enough to look like there was anything wrong with them? Saab 9-5 electric window and mirror switches often fail like that, but they are easy to strip down and clean, restoring their operation and saving having to fork out for new ones.

On the Sierra the front electric windows used a very antiquated box which when they packed in required you to strip apart, clean the contacts and 9/10 it usually worked again.

No I don't think you will, they got deleted as far as I know after the facelift on the Mk1. Easy upgrade for yours is a Ghia interior light. Has angle poise map reading lights. Takes all of about 30 secs to fit. If you can find one that is.

Worthwhile mod as it was good if the wife wanted to read while I was driving.

I'm already looking!

Walnut dash and handle cappings are another easy mod. The trip computer is a pain requiring wiring to the pump etc.

Leather seats were a good mod just to say I'd had them. Bought a set of grey leathers for £80, required a bit of fucking about with the seat base to swap to Manual fore/aft adjustment as the GLX and above one the Mk1 had electric.

All was well until the centre belt failed test, I had to basically reupholster another seat with a good seatbelt mechanism in it so the leather matched. I can't deal with jobs like that, it drove me fucking mad doing that job.

The rear washer jet rubber seal had perished as previously noted. I bought a square of neoprene and made my own seal out of a fashion. However, still no water with the jet in place (it works fine without it) so will have to spend a fiver on a new one.

post-20084-0-49980500-1501933006_thumb.jpgpost-20084-0-63078100-1501933035_thumb.jpgpost-20084-0-75263800-1501933047_thumb.jpg

The new connectors for the pipes that run off the washer pump arrived. They are now fitted and seem to have stemmed the leak from the front wheel where the pump and washer tank are.

post-20084-0-60859700-1501933125_thumb.jpg

Popped out the heater resistor to have a look at it, long term readers of this thread, err Sierraman then, will know this caused me a lot of shit on the blue one. A known Mk1 weakness. It looks original looking at the 'patina' so this will need to be replaced as a matter of course.

post-20084-0-79758400-1501955562_thumb.jpg

Do these have a two-level switch for one touch then? Normally one-touch is just about how long you hold the switch down for, and it can be reset (turned back on) by putting the window all the way up, and then holding the up button for a few seconds.

However - I do remember once driving a car where you pressed the button a bit for normal operation, and then if you pressed it harder there was an extra "click" and it went into one touch.

You get 3 types im sure. As you say most have a one touch that just requires you to press it down for longer to activate, then theres the other type you mention where you press it harder, beyond the resistance point, for one touch, my mk3 Astra was like this, and im sure some 90s and early 2000s Fords are, I rememver the arrow for the window up/down on the switch was just an outline, with a solid shadow at the point of the arrow, and you had to press them harder past resistance for one touch.

Then theres things like Citroen Pickarseholes which to get one touch you basically have to give the button a light quick tap, basically works the complete opposite of how youd normally activate one touch function on them. 

My verona mk2 has rheostat,heated front screen,rear interior light,front fog wires but no electric seat. Will I have wiring for footwear lights ?

What no electric height adjustment? I thought all Mondeos LX and above have this, never seen one without and I thought Verona was above LX in the pecking order. 

Walnut dash and handle cappings are another easy mod. The trip computer is a pain requiring wiring to the pump etc.

Leather seats were a good mod just to say I'd had them. Bought a set of grey leathers for £80, required a bit of fucking about with the seat base to swap to Manual fore/aft adjustment as the GLX and above one the Mk1 had electric.

All was well until the centre belt failed test, I had to basically reupholster another seat with a good seatbelt mechanism in it so the leather matched. I can't deal with jobs like that, it drove me fucking mad doing that job.

As I said above I thought Mondeos only had electric height adjustment, are you telling me mk1 Mondeos in GLX trim and above have fully electric seats or have I picked you up wrong?

Love cars where you can do easy retrofits and make an LX into a Ghia, so much fun and sense of self satisfaction without any tricky or ballache jobs, lucky theres not any decent Mondeos available round here older than a mk3 or id be tempted to sink a chunk of wedge into one. 

LX and below didn't have electric seats. Some GLX have them, some don't but mostly later ones.

Some even have electric height but Manual rake on them.

Both the LX and the later Zetec are an LX spec with a few extras.

Saw a Mk2 this morning, the guy had done nearly 200k in his, had it from new. Seen some serious welding in that time though.

LX and below didn't have electric seats. Some GLX have them, some don't but mostly later ones.

Some even have electric height but Manual rake on them.

Both the LX and the later Zetec are an LX spec with a few extras.

Saw a Mk2 this morning, the guy had done nearly 200k in his, had it from new. Seen some serious welding in that time though.

Sorry I was referring to mk2s, a mates dad had a radiant red 1998 S plate 1.8 TD LX estate in about 2001/2 and it had the electric height adjustable drivers seat but manual otherwise.

Seems its a trait continued to this day on Mondeos, old mans top spec mk4 Tit X Business Edn has driver and passenger electric height adjustment but manual lumbar/backrest/tilt/front and back sliding on the seat rails for being closer/further from pedals/wheel. 

I always thought the first Mondeo sold in Australia was the MkII, but much to my amazement I saw a MkI GLX sedan today. Dark blue, full giffer spec complete with lacquer peel and duct taped bumpers.

Turns out the Mondeo was introduced here in late 1995 and was dropped in 2000 due to poor sales.

Every day is a school day.

I always thought the first Mondeo sold in Australia was the MkII, but much to my amazement I saw a MkI GLX sedan today. Dark blue, full giffer spec complete with lacquer peel and duct taped bumpers.

Turns out the Mondeo was introduced here in late 1995 and was dropped in 2000 due to poor sales.

Every day is a school day.

Was that of the Euro style or the American "Contour"?

Were they built in Ghent and shipped out?

Yes, there was no local production.

I have been scouring the internet trying to find one for sale, and I have!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1995-FORD-MONDEO-Glx-SEDAN-WHITE-Good-VGC-RWC-REGO-Vic-Warranty-ZBG480-/142468735641?hash=item212bcc6299:g:90QAAOSwaB5XwVY8