'93 Mondy thread - K reg base 4 sale (not mine)

egg

Pushed out of the garage (front brakes were locked on, but she moved), it got the sun* on its back for the first time since last December

post-20084-0-26259300-1539685501_thumb.jpg

The battery off af1's Saxo was good enough to get her to run (first turn of the key)

Then a bit of chat was had, and this Y2K picture was taken...

post-20084-0-04030800-1539685607_thumb.jpg

Date set for next week for af1 (with my dubious help!) to have a go at cambelt and pump!  :-D  :-D

Top bloke for helping out.

Friends, you may have noticed I have raised some cash by roffling a bass guitar on the open forum. I can reveal why!

Here is an OEM, original, unpainted, black top rear bumper!! A dealer was selling off stock.

It appears to have arrived in one piece. This may be a spend to save, as now, painting this bumper will be much cheaper,as they don't have to do two colours.

This is for the base of course...

post-20084-0-85404200-1539769465_thumb.jpg

post-20084-0-34377600-1539769493_thumb.jpg

In that colour you might, in the right circumstances, do a passable job with an aerosol.

I’d doubt very much it would be much cheaper to paint, you’ve still got to mix the paint and the difference in labour is fractional. At a guess £80-100, that’s the sort of figures I’ve been quoted in past for similar jobs.

I was quoted £90 (plus the dreaded) to paint a front bumper locally. Unfortunately, by the time I’d wasted £40 on paint and lacquer having a go myself, the quote went up by £40 as there was extra work putting on a barrier coat. That was a metallic btw. Suspect I could have waited and wet sanded it for a better diy finish but needed it done sooner rather than later.

Let's talk a bit more about launch cars (let's not, says everyone else)

This GLX diesel (yes, a different grille for the uninitiated) was built in September 93, so obviously wasn't included in the original batch of March '93 cars for press work. DVLA says tax expired in August 2004 - so only an 11 year life, for a car that no doubt went on to be a workhorse.

post-20084-0-94637500-1540072239_thumb.jpg

This GLX doesn't even have an FMC plate, and was reviewed in January '93, so must be one of the mythical* 92 built cars? Unfortunately, we will never know as the DVLA and Etis have wrenched this car from their memory. That crooked number plate would be photo shopped today.

post-20084-0-52792900-1540072454_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cheers.

Soon be 3 years on this thread, and I appreciate people coming on here to post Mk1 Mondeo content!

I think it’s a great thread! Tinged with nostalgia too, when I was a kid my uncle had a burgundy 1.8LX L???VAE (I think) replaced with a Mk2 1.8 Verona in silver. The Mk1 was, I always thought, a bit of a looker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorting put the piss wet through boot in mine at the moment. Determined it’s come from the wiper grommet. Already sealed back lights up, that’s a given, they all piss water in through there. Still selling quite a few bits of the saloon I broke, people will pay a fair bit now for the genuine Ford uncracked thermostat housings