rover 75 tourer

taxi paul

Well I picked this up from cavcraft last night , my raffle prize. After my son drove it round all night and this morning. He has decided he doesn't want to sell his Peugeot and fund the cost of an MOT on this. He would rather keep his and wait for a T5. I have one already and really cant be bothered to keep this or take alternators and stuff off just in case. So good stuff. It drives really well, no rattles or smoke. All doors and panels are excellent , bonnet isn't it has a few dents on the front. Tailgate is different shade but all solid. Seats are ok ,but need a clean . Bad bits. Abs light on and airbag light on. Tried connectors for airbag today and light still on. Clutch pedal drops if you keep your foot on it , but never bothered my son. Anyway its mot'd till 16th Feb I have swapped insurance from mine to this and would leave it insured for drive it home purposes. No tax. Four good tyres inc spare. Plenums checked and dry,clear. It even has a new pollen filter so someone must of loved It once.last owner took carpet out and bits of trim so needs a scrapyard trip to sort them. It has a BMW eight cd changer in glove box and a head unit , not fitted so cant check but they look nice. So all that together I am looking for £50.00 . That is what it stands me at raffle money ,insurance and petrol. So anyone interested . It needs work it had one advisory on last mot , exhaust leaking. The car is on my drive in Huyton L36 misery side. Cavcraft is still waiting for v5 to come back so it will go in my name then we can sort that out later. Would make ideal* valentines gift. Please pm me if interested and I will get in touch. Please see rover 75 raffle thread for pics please. Thank you.

Thanks chaps. I would rather someone on here have it than ebay it. My son loves driving it and he says it runs lovely. But he can use mine when he wants so he isn't keen on spending his own money, will spend mine though. I would rather just punt it straight on because I will in a few weeks , when my missus tells me its in the way. I haven't always lived in Huyton I emigrated here from Prescot when I remarried. I have had my inoculations so should be ok 😊

Well the car has been driven off into the sunshine* by Omegod off the forum and parish. Space on the driveway to be filled by a 850 Volvo, has T5 wheels so no1 son says. I think T5's are going up in price. Probably because petrol is so cheap. So thanks for the interest in said rover .

Cheers Paul for the full on dealer experience, the coffee and croissants were divine. Don't know what to make of the car to be honest but what an odd engine these 2.0 v6's are ! Lots of revs but slightly less forward motion than the sound promises .I'll decide its fate over the next week or so but nice to meet you and thanks for the bargain !

It was more like a sausage roll or has it is better known , a Liverpool panini. He did get the full dealer experience of me seeing wether car was still " in stock" I let him know that I have had a lot of interest and I did have to ring another buyer if he didn't want it. Car did come with drive away insurance and fuel.

Cheers Paul for the full on dealer experience, the coffee and croissants were divine. Don't know what to make of the car to be honest but what an odd engine these 2.0 v6's are ! Lots of revs but slightly less forward motion than the sound promises .I'll decide its fate over the next week or so but nice to meet you and thanks for the bargain !

The 2.0 KV6 is actually quite rare because they didn't offer anything over the 2.5. Roughly the same MPG but less power and pretty much the same running and servicing costs.

Bear in mind these were never going to win many burn ups, just a comfy ride to the golf club is all that's required.

The 2.0 KV6 is actually quite rare because they didn't offer anything over the 2.5. Roughly the same MPG but less power and pretty much the same running and servicing costs.

Bear in mind these were never going to win many burn ups, just a comfy ride to the golf club is all that's required.

Indeed - it was an odd offering in a range that had more powerful and economical turbot K-series as well.