Leon Cupra 20vt. Now for sale. £750 shiters price with 12 mth MOT

sporty-shite

Horsey Horseless

If you want something less familiar, that is so capable, that it's downright frustrating, dull as ditchwater, charmless like a smug swot, and so slow, that the next slower thing is being stationary, buy a Diesel Mercedes, a car without any sense of humour, that ever so cordially tells you that it wishes you to have partial androgen deficiency.

With an advert like that how could you resist, you've bought a diesel Mercedes

I had a mk3 Golf Gti once. That car hated me. And when I sold it, it went on to hate it's next owner. I said never again, but I'd probably have a 16v.

Was that the one I bought?

It was good actually! Aside from needing a new engine and a new gearbox, and then going all frilly on all the important bits of metal. Apart from that.

The replacement engine lives on in someone here's van. Cobblers?

Was that the one I bought?

It was good actually! Aside from needing a new engine and a new gearbox, and then going all frilly on all the important bits of metal. Apart from that.

The replacement engine lives on in someone here's van. Cobblers?

It was the one you bought. To be fair, it got me around in comfort, but it was the randomly breaking rear screen and the fact it locked itself with the keys in that made me think it was out to get me. 

Fiat Coupe?

I was bidding on one today on ebay, price got a bit salty for me.

No. Far too small in the back. Learnt that with the Alfa GTV I had last year.

e36

One was on the watch list, but it didn't get bought.

Alfa 156 2.5 V6

Alas, too salty and too thirsty. Otherwise, WOULD.

West or East European, should we be thinking of something like a Lada Riva Turbo R?

Western. 

I know, I know:)

You don't, you don't!!* Didn't end up going for that. Kept thinking it was a bit "old man."

*unless you've been stalking my ebay account.

It was the one you bought. To be fair, it got me around in comfort, but it was the randomly breaking rear screen and the fact it locked itself with the keys in that made me think it was out to get me. 

At least it changed tactics to good old fashioned major mechanical failures rather than the haunted stuff.

The lads who fitted the engine for me lobbed the head off the old one, you could wobble #4 around in the bore. Good mil or so of movement. Explains the oil consumption at least.

I really liked it but it was the car I bought when I realised the lass I was living with, and engaged to, was a mentalist and I moved out sharpish. So my overwhelming memories of that Golf were using it to go all over the place sticking my bits into girls, camping in the back of it at Santa Pod, and it not being her Peugeot 307SW. All good things.

Guest Breadvan72

Re a comment made above about Fiat Coupes:  these are in fact much bigger in the back than the Alfa GTVs of the same vintage, even though the cars are built on the same platform.   Also the boot is much bigger.  A Fiat Coupe can actually transport four adults with luggage.  A GTV , not so much.  

Anyway, bon collectionage.  I think that there are currently at least three live collectionations happening.  This is good.