Leon Cupra 20vt. Now for sale. £750 shiters price with 12 mth MOT

sporty-shite

I know it's been asked a thousand times. I'm lookingfor something to replace the French Rocket. I'd like something a bit sporty but with a decent amount of room in the back. Needs to have a few months MOT, preferably close to Bolton and up to about £700.

I've been searching ebay, gumtree etc. and am just getting search fatigue. Up to now, I've seen Alfa 156s, 406 coupes, Golf GT TDI and possibly MG ZR TDs. But I'mjust feeling like I can't get enthusiastic.

Any ideas? Anyone got something lying around or know someone who has.

Sorry for the boring thread. Hopefully I'llmake up for it with an exciting collection thread.

As luck* would have it I might be getting a 2001 (or something) Golf Mk4 1.6 petrol soon. Apparently it's f*ck*ng awful, has been in a crash, had a different coloured front end fitted, smokes, has a cracked windscreen and is generally totally shit. 

A direct quote from the current owner is 'Every time I got the problem fixed another problem emerged until finally the oil light came on...'

I'm already looking to see what I can get from a scrap yard for it.

Another vote for the Alfa, or a celica if that has enough space for you. Plenty of cheap late Celicas about.

Just got rid of a Celica. Bit small in the back. Good shout, though.

MG zt, there are a couple on ebay near ish you under budget.

Not a massive ZT fan, a;though I saw one for sale at the side of the road whilst I was out today, and stopped for another look. 04 reg, turbo diesel in dark maroon. £700. Might have to bear it in mind. 

As luck* would have it I might be getting a 2001 (or something) Golf Mk4 1.6 petrol soon. Apparently it's f*ck*ng awful, has been in a crash, had a different coloured front end fitted, smokes, has a cracked windscreen and is generally totally shit. 

A direct quote from the current owner is 'Every time I got the problem fixed another problem emerged until finally the oil light came on...'

Sounds really lucky*, that does. 

So how much are you paying us for roffle tickets Cav?

I know I'll get shot down in flames fit this, but I bought a Golf mk3 Gti 8v last October and I've been pleasantly surprised by it, it's nippy, handles well and will do between 32-40 mpg. I'm a big fan of Alfas and would guess that a 146 could be picked up cheaply but having owned a few I can say the Golf appears to be more reliable. Good luck with whatever you go for.

We all know, what you really need is some sort of hydropneumatcally suspended Citroen. An estate, of course for all your load lugging needs. Just to be frugal, you need one in diesel form, without a turbo as that just wastes fuel, it does.

Sporty. You do know they made the marauder based upon a P4. Now I just happen to have just a donor....

I know I'll get shot down in flames fit this, but I bought a Golf mk3 Gti 8v last October and I've been pleasantly surprised by it, it's nippy, handles well and will do between 32-40 mpg. I'm a big fan of Alfas and would guess that a 146 could be picked up cheaply but having owned a few I can say the Golf appears to be more reliable. Good luck with whatever you go for.

I had a mk3 Golf Gti once. That car hated me. And when I sold it, it went on to hate it's next owner. I said never again, but I'd probably have a 16v.

We all know, what you really need is some sort of hydropneumatcally suspended Citroen. An estate, of course for all your load lugging needs. Just to be frugal, you need one in diesel form, without a turbo as that just wastes fuel, it does.

Sporty. You do know they made the marauder based upon a P4. Now I just happen to have just a donor....

I'm getting rid of a diesel Citroen. I don't want another, thanks. 

visa. 1.1.

Nah.  :-D

Although the Saab at Radcliffe auctions is winking at me. Might go have a look.

A dirty old pram.

Had one, Hirst. Only had three wheels, too. Had to sell cos the kids grew out of it.

Hmmm. Locations a bit of a mission, but I'll add it to the list.

Seat Leon 20VT? Keep seeing one for sale in Preston priced at £1k. Been there a while might take less?

Also added to list. Would prefer diesel, but tooo many ££

pm sent.................

Replied

Mg zs180, next question please........

WOULD. Not in budget, though, are they?

How much room in the back, exactly?

Be like Dollywobbler only in resale silver.  Only 88k, MOT until June, £495 BIN or offers.  

$_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1993-HONDA-PRELUDE-2-3i-AUTO-IN-SEBRING-SILVER-LOW-MILEAGE-MOT-TO-JUNE-2016/272115769001

OK it's in Reading not Bolton but England's all the same really isn't it, anyway it's a flippin bargain.

There is a few within budget and a few just slightly over budget zs180's on dumbtree. There is one local to me for 500 that needs front discs and pads. Tempted but don't fancy being made homeless by SWMBO.

Where is your locality, BF? That could fit the bill.

How much room in the back, exactly?

Be like Dollywobbler only in resale silver.  Only 88k, MOT until June, £495 BIN or offers.  

$_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1993-HONDA-PRELUDE-2-3i-AUTO-IN-SEBRING-SILVER-LOW-MILEAGE-MOT-TO-JUNE-2016/272115769001

OK it's in Reading not Bolton but England's all the same really isn't it, anyway it's a flippin bargain.

How much room in the back? More than that, unfortunately, as that thing looks nice. 

Where is your locality, BF? That could fit the bill.

How much room in the back? More than that, unfortunately, as that thing looks nice. 

I could book a half day and pick you up from maidenhead or Wycombe station and drive you to the car? Or reading station, but where's the fun in that?

If you want something less familiar, that is so capable, that it's downright frustrating, dull as ditchwater, charmless like a smug swot, and so slow, that the next slower thing is being stationary, buy a Diesel Mercedes, a car without any sense of humour, that ever so cordially tells you that it wishes you to have partial androgen deficiency.

I had a MK4 golf, hated it as above a constant money pit. If you get this one i want to win it in a raffle, travel all the way to collect it then weigh the bastard in. Hope to see it crushed. Did i say i had one and hated it??

One of the better ones then, do the world a favour and park it in a harbour.