Pug 205 with 60k miles and autogoodness in Yorkshire

djimbob

After doing sterling service over the festive period ferrying grandkids up and down the country etc, we have purchased not one, but two newer, more sizeable Kia's to do the commute for new jobs, and so this little belter is up for sale, already being the property of two previous shiters before me :-D

EDIT NOW SOLD!

IMG_20160122_123720_zpsjwacxhlu.jpg

IMG_20160122_123641_zpspanxgtr5.jpg

IMG_20160122_123737_zps6kcauu2z.jpg

IMG_20160122_124000_zps65fnckyq.jpg

The advert from the bay can be found here - with more pics!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111883606776?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

The good bits of the advert -

Hello and Welcome to this listing for My Wife's Peugeot 205, Mardi Gras edition, 1.6 petrol auto with low miles at 60 thousand in overall good condition for it's age.

We bought this off my cousin who likes his Peugeots when he found a cabriolet, as a stop gap to use over the festive period. She had given her job up and had to return the company car, so we needed something to ferry our grandkids up to Leeds from Nottingham, which we did five times without any problems, as well as several journeys to Manchester and back to my parents and so on - we only had my transit van and a Hyundai Atoz - neither of which was suitable at all!

He serviced it about 5 thousand miles ago, and I shall give her an oil change I think this week just to make sure she keeps on running sweetly  - there is a load of receipts and service history comes with the car, as well as the original handbooks.

I have described the small niggles as honestly and comprehensively as I can, but please be aware this is now quite a rare car, becoming desirable because of the age, and the fact that many people have fond memories of their time in these little beauties, especially the sporty ones. This may well be an ideal donor for someone needing a chassis and running gear etc from one as rust free and overall solid as this is, although I hope someone loves it for what it is :)

The car is pretty much standard except for the wheel trims I treated her to, and the deckless stereo with Bluetooth, USB, SD card slot etc for streaming music through and so on - brand new off Ebay with the remote and instructions, 4 x 50 watts per channel - I also have thrown a couple of household speakers in the boot, and a couple of little computer speakers in the dash area to supplement the frankly rubbish standard two speakers in the doorcard. Much better sound if you love your music, and easy on the wallet :)

There are a set of original Mardi Gras overmats, which are in ok condition, and must be rare as hen's teeth! The blue velour interior is reasonably unmarked and clean, very nice period details.

The car has power steering, electric windows, and a sunroof, which not all 205's of the time had, and is a pleasure to drive over long and short journeys, with the 1.6 petrol engine and autobox being smooth and powerful enough to cope with all driving conditions. The engine and gearbox both perform as they should, as does the steering, brakes and suspension, which the low mileage supports.

We have bought a couple of Kia's more suited to our new jobs we're starting this month, so this one has to go, having served her purpose admirably.

I welcome any trial, and obviously it is better if you come and inspect the car before buying, however you can be assured I have done my best to list any issues if you can't view in person and want to bid unseen.

Thank you very much for reading this listing, any questions or to arrange a viewing please tel me on 07803 181472, I prefer cash on collection, Cheers Jim

And the bad -

There is a dent in the driver's wing, the bonnet is slightly bent in the corner (see pics), the sunroof leaks a couple of drops of water after heavy rain and stood - not whilst driving. The previous owner was rear-ended, and put a replacement rear hatch and bumper, which I sprayed blue to match - not very well - but it'll do for me- this led to the car being registered as a cat C insurance write off, just to be clear - she drives fine as you would expect. The heater has stopped blowing, I suspect a fuse and will have a go at fixing it this week, otherwise all the electrics work well, including the power windows. The hatch struts are weak and just about hold it up on the level. The exhaust has a blob of white gunk on it, not sure if is blowing, but these repairs don't usually last many months, so will probably need sorting before next MOT in November.There is a warning light comes on when hitting certain speeds on the motorway, which I think is a faulty sensor for the catalytic converter, which has done it for several years apparently, without any effect on the driving at all.

Of course there is a deal to be had for cash monies, would love a swappage, but the times they are a requirin' that I pay the mortgage and my Dad back for a small loan :-P

Question one: how much, please?

Question two: is this one of my old ones?

Question three: if the answer to two is yes, did I leave those wheeltrims on and if so could you please come round and kneecap me?

These are ace little cars, Ken you need this in your life, mate!

1 I have it at three ninety five or make an insulting offer on the Bay.

2 I do believe this is indeed the one you flogged to my cousin Strangeangel

3 fear not I paid proper wonga for those trimz to make it look like I is down with the kids.

The sooner the money lands in my bank the cheaper it becomes I think is how it will work, got my Atoz needing a random bearing which won't be free as well :?

djimbob, on 24 Jan 2016 - 10:57 PM, said:

1 I have it at three ninety five or make an insulting offer on the Bay.

2 I do believe this is indeed the one you flogged to my cousin Strangeangel

3 fear not I paid proper wonga for those trimz to make it look like I is down with the kids.

The sooner the money lands in my bank the cheaper it becomes I think is how it will work, got my Atoz needing a random bearing which won't be free as well :?

Cracking car that, came from a right nice (and posh) family quite close to me. GLWTSGLSMFI etc.

I'd have done that trip in it no bother, great little car that.

Did someone on here get it then??

Aye, I should think he's still on the way home, if the journey up on the coach is anything to go by! Epic distances and so on - should be recorded on here, but I shall not reveal identities without permission :-D