SYM Dismally 50cc Fo-Shale

UltraWomble

MOT September 2016

11500 miles ( 18500 KM)

Speedo reads in KM and is marked at 20MPH, 30MPH and (optimistically) 40MPH ( it did read a little over 30 when I was riding it home and I weigh 21st)

It has some weird and wonderful cold start issue that may be crap in the carb or may be as simple as just needing a decent service.

Floods for fun when cold, but, when warm / outside temp warm - it starts up and runs fine. I would have had it at the local bike dealership but they just did the sucking the air through teeth routine and "Its a SYM innit, we cant get parts for them".

I foolishly paid £325 for this ( I told the wife I gave £250 for it to save my bollocks). Anything around the £250 mark will be welcomed by anything from coffee/tea up to and including sexual favours so long as you take this hairdryer away.

Ive just fitted a top box, but as its too small to take my lid anyway I'll leave it on the bike.

Has under seat helmet storage (so long as you are some sort of midget and have a head like a pin it should fit) and an immobiliser - though why for the love of god anyone would want to steal it is beyond me.

Three ( count em) keys.

Fuck knows how many previous owners as I only have the green slip at the moment - but the V5 should be on its way to me.

Thats about it.

Located near Leyland (Up North for those South of Chester) and I promise that we no longer dip Southerners in gravy and eat them with our chips

$_86.JPG

$_86.JPG

$_86.JPG

$_86.JPG

$_86.JPG

$_86.JPG

$_86.JPG

Floods for fun when cold, but, when warm / outside temp warm - it starts up and runs fine. I would have had it at the local bike dealership but they just did the sucking the air through teeth routine and "Its a SYM innit, we cant get parts for them".

Can't be arsed, more like! SYM parts used to be a PITA, but they have quite a large dealer network now, with a full spares operation run by MotoGB. Nearest SYM dealer to you is probably Preston Motorcycles, they should be able to help.

I promise that we no longer dip Southerners in gravy and eat them with our chips

Unless we're really hungry...

Even Billy isnt daft enough to buy this.

Oh, I see. The old reverse psycology trick, hey?

Ps you should advertise this on the main board, do you want me to move it over?

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with StrangeAngel - the can't-get-the-parts line is bollox, correct me if I'm wrong but SYM are one of the big players in this market and sell boatloads of these things to all corner of the world, if it were CharlieChangMotorCo of Kommiekocsuk province then I'd understand but not SYM, sounds like they didn't want the job. 

sounds like they didn't want the job. 

I agree and told them so. Its a shame because apart from being the nearest bike shop to me Ive used them before and always found them pretty good, they even straightened up the bent bits of my YBR for nowt when I had a spill off that, so why they were reluctant to take real cash money off me Im not sure.

Hey ho!

Got someone supposedly coming today to view it.

Been offered this on Swapz

56b912f6cff5f_1.jpeg

Has a little judder when started but stops when in 4th gear, could be the spark plug or the lack of use in the car. Will go once warn in and driven more. Nothing too serious. Comes with lots of service history and has MOT until April.

Actually quite tempted....