MGF 4 sail - £375

wuvvum

OK, well the Rover 25 is proving about as popular as the Phoenix Four at a Pride of Longbridge meet, and I still need to do some fleet trimmage / car park clearage / holiday fund raisage.  I also now have two convertibles, which is pointless, and although I'd rather sell the Golf and keep this, I haven't yet managed to sort the Golf's idling issue, which affects its desirability somewhat (not that it had much to start off with).

Not a great deal to say about this really.  It's a 2001 MGF in BRG, powered by a 1.8 non-VVC Kettle.  It runs well, is actually surprisingly quick and holds steady at just under halfway on the temp gauge, with no sign of fluid mixage.  Only mechanical issues I've noticed are that the clutch biting point is on the high side and one of the gear cables has had a Taff-style jubilee clip repair at some point in the past, which holds fine as long as you don't change gear like a twat.  Mileage is, from memory, just under 80K; the history says the belt was done at 47K. 

Bodywork seems pretty sound, although it's not immaculate by any stretch - it has a few scuffs and scrapes, but the worst bit is the engine lid which has been touched up with a rattle can (not sure why) and looks a bit crap.  Also, the hood is rather scruffy, although it doesn't leak.

Interior is tan leather and in fairly good nick although could do with a clean.  The interior lights have been supplemented with blue LED strips, which are a matter of taste but do improve the light levels in the cabin.  As far as I can tell, the electrics all work.  It has a stereo fitted, albeit not a particularly high end one.

It's tested until late April and located in NE Norfolk,

Pics (sorry they're a bit crap):

post-190-0-28554200-1453332839_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-18341800-1453332860_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-86937000-1453332880_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-85987300-1453332898_thumb.jpg

That looks a bargain Dave. I think I may end up with one of these eventually. 

Just wondering... how old does an MGF need to be for FJ to put it on a classic policy?

I can't say for certain but I think it might be 10 years for FJ to class MGs as classic. I do remember discussing this with them a few years ago. I was trying to get a Rover (25 or 75) insured as a classic (they wouldn't) but if it had an MG badge they would have .... Definitely worth dropping them an email or giving them a call.

My friend has one of these with recent headgasket issues, like a true shiter he chose to plough on and rebuild the bugger, then bought another engine, and I don't know if he's sorted the damn thing yet, will have to text him, see if he wants to do the sensible thing and buy this one :-D