Kenneth_Mc_Testes' ROVER 45 V6 JATCO JUS KICKED IN Y0

Mr_Bo11ox

Good Lord, what a purchase. Always was interested in what a 2.0 V6 would sound like on full pelt. It actually looks alright from the pictures and for less than 300 quid it's got to be worth a chance. Looking forward to how it pans out. Nice colour too.

Shame the pen doesn't work. Must have been 'one of the bad ones they built that week'...

Is the scarf on the back seat included? Step up from a travel blanket I suppose?

I wonder what he's doing nowadays. Perkins engines have a heritage display inside their Peterborough site, there's a massive photo of their workforce celebrating the day they built their millionth engine, and who's that at the front holding hands with some overalled lass off the shop floor? Only JOHNNY T

I quite fancied the idea of one of these back in the day. A nice smooth V6 with autobox in a handy size car rather than a huge barge like an Aldi A6 or B** 7 series plus bonus practicality points for the hatchback.  At least the price you paid isn't going to break the bank although I'm sure I remember reading that cam belt replacement on these V6s is a b******* of a job. Look forward to reading your report.

Mr Spheres: Gis' a shout if you fancy a KV6 beltathon at any time.

I never did get around to doing the relay belts on mine (GASP!) and it would be rather fun to form a united front, swearing at our dismembered engines in a consolidated frenzy of alcoholic torment.

How many miles has this done? 

My year 2000 2.5 KV6 recently had the original belts replaced, yes they were a little dry but they weren't about to snap tomorrow...

*edit. I can now see its done 93433 miles so if they are original then their doing well, but hopefully they've been done at some point by one of the previously loving* owners.

*All Rover owners love their cars

I quite fancied the idea of one of these back in the day. A nice smooth V6 with autobox in a handy size car rather than a huge barge like an Aldi A6 or B** 7 series plus bonus practicality points for the hatchback.  At least the price you paid isn't going to break the bank although I'm sure I remember reading that cam belt replacement on these V6s is a b******* of a job. Look forward to reading your report.

See also Xantia V6  ;-)

well its all going ahead starting at 5.30 am - I am cycling to work tomorrow for the first time in several months which might be a bit chilly so I spent £4 on a thermal T-shirt at Aldi today. ROLL OUT THE BARREL etc. Then after work its the Rolls-Royce shuttle bus into town then the train to Reading. Got a 24h dayinsure covering me to drive it home and Rich Welfare is going to give me a lift to the 'carswithnoreserve' Global HQ. WCPGW?

In an odd quirk of fate, I have a set of KV6 timing belts (yes there are three) on my kitchen table. I have taken the precaution of removing the entire engine and box though, making it a relative piece of piss.

Stupid thing is, it's almost cheaper to buy a spare engine than the belts.

Didn't Rover do a nice torquey 2.0 petrol in the 400 series, may have been the older shape.  I remember it only came as a manual, I reckon that would have made a better automatic than a 2.0 V6.  (Never known for its abundance of torque.)