Kenneth_Mc_Testes' ROVER 45 V6 JATCO JUS KICKED IN Y0

Mr_Bo11ox

Blimey, will they still be open? I can swing a late one at work but need to clear it with Mrs W, will let you know by PM

Not to worry RW, they're not actually open but I have arranged it with em cos I can't get down on the Saturday. I don't wanna disrupt your evening with Mrs W!

Pretty car.  I think that'll bring an outrageous amount of pleasure for £295.

I very much liked the 2.0 KV6 in my old 75.  The acceleration wasn't rapid, but that just meant you could enjoy the lovely woofly noise for longer before you got up to speed.  There was more power lurking somewhere up the rev band, but it felt undignified to go up there looking for it.

By 2001, CAR was all about lap times and schoolboy humour.  I'm not surprised they didn't like it.  With gearboxes, as with life, the trick is to find the joy within it, not dogmatically to impose your own demands:  Phil Llewellin understood this and would have written a different (and entirely better) story.

It was about this time that CAR apologised in print for once liking the XJ40! -  The horror!! -  I still haven't forgiven them.

Looking for the joy within, they do have 2834 positives.

They have changed their Ebay ID, they used to be "carswithnoreserve" and had 8,790 feedback.

Most of their listings are with pictures of the car taken outside the BCA auction hall or similar. I get the impression that it's like buying from auction but after winning you can have an entire day to test the car and reject it if you don't want it. Having said that, I have seen some cars being re-listed over and over again as they plainly didn't reach the amount that they wanted for it.

The AA were CONFUSED by the 45 V6 in 1999.

The most interesting news here is the
fitment of the sweet-running 2.0 V6 (first
seen in the 75) under the 45’s bonnet,
accompanied by a Japanese-sourced
(conventional) stepped-automatic gearbox.
This produces an impressively refined car
mechanically, but the effect was spoilt for us by
Rover’s obsession to tilt all the new cars’
suspensions towards taut handling, at the
expense of ride comfort. Surely, this is
completely out of character with a V6 flagship

like this

I thought it'd be a properly soft-riding machine, maybe later ones are. 45 V6 is a car I've seen a lot of shite written about so it'd be good to read the bo11ox road test.

Aye, the first thing I did with my mate's Rover 214 was to enter it into a sports saloon race at Oulton Park. 
I was devastated by the lack of kettle jokes, indifferent performance compared to the rest of the grid and a total lack of suitable safety equipment. 
I went home and wrote a scathing review on tripadvisor - the boot was full of stars, man.

I don't mind track japery in print so long as it's obviously done in jest. 
We're going to do some sprint stupidity later next year - one of our classic mags versus a performance title. They can worry about the results; we'll take the piss all the way round. VHPD engines are easy to disguise. 

This will probably earn me a bumload of derision from the AS 75 Mafia, but I'd have a high spec 45 saloon over the bigger Rover. I never really liked the 75's interior; it's a bit 'Trafford Centre' for me and the switchgear jars horribly with the wood and leather (turned up to 12). A shame, because they're capable cars and ride very well indeed. 

A quick google shows the 2.0 to have the plastic butterfly valves too.  My old 2.5 V6 was a bit rattly on start up but settled down once warm, I put it down to those but it never got any worse.

Working on this one will be fun as I bet the engine bay is very tight.  Hope the plastic 'stat housing isn't kippered!

It's taken around thirty years, but I think you've just shown something which is even fitter than a Blankety Blank chequebook and pen.

QCNCB1B.jpg

100% non-functional straight out of the box. I suppose I ought to go to Staples or whatever and see if I can get a refill thingy for it now I have the car to go with it!!!! Even the right colour.

Oof.

070724080851_l.jpg