Kenneth_Mc_Testes' ROVER 45 V6 JATCO JUS KICKED IN Y0

Mr_Bo11ox

Exciting times!!!! Just booked a train ticket to go and pick this up!!!

IMG_7239.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-ROVER-45-2LT-V6-CLUB-24V-AUTO-VERY-RARE-CAR-LOVELY-SPEC-AIR-ALLOYS-/281903280036

Train ticket from Derby to Reading: £70

5 individual tickets for each leg of the same journey on the same flipping train: £36.

I can't wait to see what a 2.0 KV6 is like, must be supa silky smooth, I am well excited even if CAR magazine voted this one of their 4 biggest lemons of the year in 2001 due to its badly-matched engine and box combo. What do they know?

I imagine it's all about long legged relaxed cruising, instead of firecracking forward thrustisation, or let's say that's what I hope these are like.

Having them on my radar myself, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's first hand report - if it makes the trip without grenaderising.

Negative ghostrider .

The KV6 2.0 manual I drove was stupidly low geared . It wouldnt be able to get out of its own way otherwise

Pretty car.  I think that'll bring an outrageous amount of pleasure for £295.

I very much liked the 2.0 KV6 in my old 75.  The acceleration wasn't rapid, but that just meant you could enjoy the lovely woofly noise for longer before you got up to speed.  There was more power lurking somewhere up the rev band, but it felt undignified to go up there looking for it.

By 2001, CAR was all about lap times and schoolboy humour.  I'm not surprised they didn't like it.  With gearboxes, as with life, the trick is to find the joy within it, not dogmatically to impose your own demands:  Phil Llewellin understood this and would have written a different (and entirely better) story.

Hey, nice buy there! Interesting to see that the dealer is located a couple of miles from where I live! Some odd feedback on their ebay account, one of the negatives was for an A3 which apparently had a failed MOT, yet has a clean sheet of passes on the MOT site?! 

To be fair, I think they probably get people expecting a mint car who get all funny with niggles. 

Hope the collection all goes smoothly.

With gearboxes, as with life, the trick is to find the joy within it, not dogmatically to impose your own demands: Phil Llewellin understood this and would have written a different (and entirely better) story.

So true!!!! I enjoy cooperating with the 'box in my 760, getting all shirty with it gains you NOWT.

Wow thanks L_Werfare!!!! I was going to get a taxi but wouldnt object to a lift of course due to being a mega skinflint. Train gets in at 7.10 (tomorrow evening). Is that much of a bind for you?

Blimey, will they still be open? I can swing a late one at work but need to clear it with Mrs W, will let you know by PM

The terms and conditions from that place seem proper shirty at first glance, but when you read into it they are pretty fair. Bid on a car, rock up, test drive it all day, if you don't like it walk away.

They probably know their cars aren't as good as they look in pictures, they even go as far to say you'll need to spend £400 on rectification - on a £295 car, whut?