Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Kiltox's 1997 Rover 216 Cabriolet (30/05 - Fixery)

• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

#511 OFFLINE   Kiltox

Kiltox

• Full Members
  • 4,320 posts
  • 19 thanks

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:37 PM

Love this little pile of shite - few more miles today moving some stuff around. I swear it's noisier than it should be though despite the 1.3 being a horribly noisy engine anyway

No radio maybe distorts the experience :D
  • The Moog likes this
2017 17 Dacia Duster 1.6 Access

#512 OFFLINE   The Moog

The Moog

• Staff
  • 6,427 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • LocationAccrington .. who the heck are they ...

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:39 PM

Love this little pile of shite - few more miles today moving some stuff around. I swear it's noisier than it should be though despite the 1.3 being a horribly noisy engine anyway

No radio maybe distorts the experience :D

Glad it has found a loving home.

It's not noisy ... It is characterful

2000 - Ford Poo ma 
2003 - Getz 

#513 OFFLINE   Kiltox

Kiltox

• Full Members
  • 4,320 posts
  • 19 thanks

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:43 PM

Shite cull is complete - everything is gone apart from my modern and my Rover 216 Cabriolet

MOT a few weeks ago - it needed rear trailing arm bushes and a brake pipe to pass (knew the bushes were shot)

All 4 tyres were badly perished and two of them pretty bald and slow punctured so it had 4 new ones yesterday

Drives SO well now - both the bushes and tyres have made an incredible difference

I think it's staying long term if I can sort out some dry under cover parking for it so a few jobs still need doing

Massive clean - it's pretty filthy inside. Might get a professional to do it tbh. Drivers seat is a bit worn so if I see a set of the same seats for sale in better nick I might swap them
NS window is slow - hopefully just need lubrication
New sun visors - mirror is broken on the drivers side and it has a fag burn in it
Plates more fitting with the age - need to find details on the original supplying dealer so I can get DMB to sort them out
Oil and coolant change - its not mixing them :D but both are overdue a change
Radio volume knob doesn't work - I might need to swap it out but I think I want to source another OEM Rover one
Mess I made of the gear gaiter swap wants sorting
CV boots and drop link boots are perished so they probably want doing
Long term - bit of rust repair and subsequent paint although I'm sure that's an expensive job to do properly! Couple of tiny dents want sorting too

Stands me at many times more than I paid for it after the recent MOT work and tyres but that's the Autoshite way, right? I do love it though.
  • The Moog likes this

#514 OFFLINE   Kiltox

Kiltox

• Full Members
  • 4,320 posts
  • 19 thanks

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:09 PM

Also thought the front brakes were a bit dodgy but since changing the tyres it stops a lot better - suspect they were a tad less round than required due to long periods of time sat flat!
  • djimbob likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users