Kiltox's 1997 Rover 216 Cabriolet (30/05 - Fixery)

Kiltox

The 1.8t is a cracking engine.. just drop the oil every 8k or so. They can suffer from a blocked oil pick up pipe if its run too long between oil services.

Got a '97 a3 with this engine and just had it chipped at more bhp in crewe.. goes like a stabbed rat.

There's one on pistonheads as shed of the week.

http://www.pistonheads.com/regulars/ph-features-sheds/shed-of-the-week-audi-a6/33639

First comment someone saying they couldn't possibly consider it due to it's steel wheels and trims. Says all you need to know and why i prefer it here!

Sounds expensive.... I was hoping it'd get on with the 10w40 semi I put into most older stuff and buy by the 20L drum for much cheapness

Fair do's.. personally for 20 sheets id take the better quality stuff thats fully synth.. but each to their own

I probably will buy the proper stuff

Think the lambda sensor is toast. No sign of it switching at all.

Wiring not as butchered as I thought but there's a wire spliced in from the LPG kit to its signal wire. Interestingly, that wire is showing ground which I doubt is correct.

Cut out the LPG wire and it picks up a bit better on petrol but is still in limp mode. New sensor time then I'll work out what's going on with the extra wire later

Welcome to the world of ignoring motorcyclists, cutting up other drivers, habitat furniture and expensive gym memberships.

I iz not only tosser on autoshite.

Does that make me a mini-tosser then?

1.8T in an A4... with Quattro! That basically means that when it eats a CV joint it's more expensive to sort. The front left is making worrying noises on full-lock to the right at the moment...

Tried to get the cat off yesterday and failed miserably after hours of fiddling. Doesn't help that the Powerflow stainless exhaust has less joins in it than standard so I can't just undo the down pipe, need to access the impossible rear cat bolts.

Did identify that the sump plug wants replacing though:

post-17393-0-27967700-1454232975_thumb.jpeg

Probably returning for more pain today

Couldn't be arsed today - might be forced to tax the 08 Vectra I brought home from my pitch last night to get me around whilst I swear at this some more

On the upside it managed to tow a dead Corsa a few hundred yards uphill before I started taking it apart without the ageing clutch giving up on me so that's something