Kiltox's 1997 Rover 216 Cabriolet (30/05 - Fixery)

Kiltox

Had a FTP in the Golf yesterday.... because I'm a fucking idiot and didn't put fuel in it!

No warning light on the mk3 Golf it turns out :D

First thoughts were that the cambelt had snapped or something similarly terminal so I'm going to use this opportunity to do all of the work I've been putting off before something does go wrong!

Had a FTP in the Golf yesterday.... because I'm a fucking idiot and didn't put fuel in it!

Could be worse. My dad ran out of petrol in his metro and sent me to get some petrol can in hand, apart from I had on my Wonderstuff T-shirt with IDIOT on the front.

• 4 weeks later...

Mass clear out of cars and workshop gear underway - let me know if you need anything

Shite tool chest that has been badly spray painted yellow on the top box with overspray on the bottom - £25

Clarke freestanding parts washer - £70 (enough paraffin to fill it free if you want it but it's used)

12T hydraulic press - £60 (they're £82 on eBay)

Old but useful workshop oil drainer with a pneumatic pump for draining - £40

Headlight beam tester with rails - ancient Hella brand no longer certified for MOT - £30

Home made workbench - 2m long worktop with wooden frame and vice - FREE to collector

SGS Engineering engine crane (1T) and engine stand - £100

AVDI/FVDI (ABRITES COMMANDER) - key programming, diagnostics etc - £250

Lexia/Diagbox/PP2000 - £60

Delphi DS150 diagnostics (USB port faulty, Bluetooth still works fine) - £30

Buy all of the diagnostic gear and I'll throw in the laptop with the software on for all of them!

Cars:

2009 (09) Citroen C3 1.4 HDI, 62k miles, MOT December 17, FULL SERVICE HISTORY, £2250

2005 (55) Renault Laguna Estate 2.2 DCI Initiale auto, 129k miles, MOT July 17, £450

2004 (04) Ford Fiesta 1.4 (petrol) Flame, 83k miles, MOT May 17, £400

1998 ® Rover 216 convertible, 86k miles, MOT April 17, £350 or ROFFLE (see thread)

2003 (03) Vauxhall Astra 1.7 dti VAN, 160k, no MOT - £80

2006 (06) Panda 1.1 - FUCKED M8, £40

No mad rush Nutz - I'm planning to be out of my unit by April when my Duster is delivered. I'd like to start thinning stuff down soon though.

Too much pressure to pay expensive rent on the space I use and not enough time to bring money in selling slightly less shite to fund my adventures.

No warning light on the mk3 Golf it turns out :D

First thoughts were that the cambelt had snapped or something similarly terminal so I'm going to use this opportunity to do all of the work I've been putting off before something does go wrong!

know that feeling - luckily it was half mile to work :D

• 2 weeks later...

post-17393-0-79568000-1484688827_thumb.jpg

206k miles, 1.9dci 6 speed manual SWB low roof

Rough running due to a dodgy crank sensor (cleaning it 4K ago sorted it but it probably wants changing). Engine, turbo, box are great and I seriously doubt original. Engine is a bit oily, couple of leaks but it's not pissing everywhere. Roof is leaky.

£500 as it sits.

Let me dig out the cables and software but yeah that should be fine!

Are you travelling far because I can't see it being much more than £7 to post it

Hampshire to Cheshire, so not far out of my way...

I'll let you know an eta on Friday once I'm on the road, so you can pm me your address