Kiltox's 1997 Rover 216 Cabriolet (30/05 - Fixery)

Kiltox

Would offer you a lift from the station but busy this evening - good luck though! Whereabouts are you picking it up from?

Thanks anyway, appreciate the thought!!

Seller is meeting me at the station so it's all good.

Obligatory train shot

post-17393-0-05157200-1453220703_thumb.jpeg

Thought I was going to miss the train thanks to the self service machine not playing ball and perhaps the most unhelpful ticket kiosk guy I've ever met who spent the ticking time showing me how to clean my card to make it work with the machine rather than just processing the collection!!

And the results are in....

16514 O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1) - Permanent

00561 Mixture regulation adaption value upper additive adaption limit threshold exceeded - Permanent

00575 Inlet manifold pressure below lower regulation limit threshold - Intermittent

Cleared them and only the lambda code came back so it's my top suspect although the sensor looks really quite new.......... I see signs of electrical tape and bodgery on its wiring though, joy!

Impressive that its still going strong-ish at this number of miles! You'll have it running right in a jiffy!

Pretty heavy on the ish but yeah, it is impressive!

Need to get it into my workshop and investigate the lambda sensor wiring. Should probably take the instrument cluster out and see what's going on with the EML bulb too

Already frustrated at the lack of LPG availability and I don't even know how to fill it up yet....

Cleared them and only the lambda code came back so it's my top suspect although the sensor looks really quite new.......... I see signs of electrical tape and bodgery on its wiring though, joy!

I'd suspect someone has put a cheap "universal" lambda sensor on instead of the correct thing. Not least because it was £20 on Ebay as opposed to the £100 quoted from a dealer.

I'd suspect someone has put a cheap "universal" lambda sensor on instead of the correct thing. Not least because it was £20 on Ebay as opposed to the £100 quoted from a dealer.

Does look like that and I fear they've fucked about with the wiring rather than splicing on the correct plug from the old one

liked my old estate a6, on 245k when I sold it. Great looking thing, Never gave any trouble except for a leaking pollen filter housing that quietly let in water through the bulkhead, sitting on and threatening various critical bits of electrics under the passenger seat until it was sorted, after a lot of messing about. Also remember this era VAG product used to have a sort of rubberised coating on the switches etc to enhance the premium brand vibe? After 250k it had biodegraded or similar and would peel off in sticky clumps on your fingers. Yuck!

post-4673-0-03505400-1453328570_thumb.jpg

liked my old estate a6, on 245k when I sold it. Great looking thing, Never gave any trouble except for a leaking pollen filter housing that quietly let in water through the bulkhead, sitting on and threatening various critical bits of electrics under the passenger seat until it was sorted, after a lot of messing about. Also remember this era VAG product used to have a sort of rubberised coating on the switches etc to enhance the premium brand vibe? After 250k it had biodegraded or similar and would peel off in sticky clumps on your fingers. Yuck!

Haven't noticed much of the bio degrading on this one at 100k more than yours - although I have no idea how much of the switchgear is original!