Rover 220 SLi - AS Bike - £200

JohnK

Looking to move this on now as its place in the fleet has been replaced - I wanted a circa 2.0 petrol to runabout in as a change to the 405 TD, but now I have the Vectra it has pretty much come redundant.

MOT: November 2016

Drives really well. I've done a couple of long trips in it since I got it including the trip back from Milton Keynes, Staffordshire and back with work and also Dumfries and back with work. Its swallowed it up easily. It's history is well documented on here and there is a folder with a load of receipts in and printouts from the forums with some of the work done.

Interior is fairly clean and tidy.

Cosmetically it's a bit tatty - all the arches are scabby and there's some scabs along the bottom of the doors.

I've replaced the sump gasket which has made it a bit more oil tight. At present it has a bit of an exhaust blow which I haven't had chance to investigate much but I will do over the next couple of days.

I want £200 for it, located in Guisborough, North Yorks.

Here she is - will get a few more pics this week.

4D24D67F-DCE2-4022-A46F-E35F4ACB9C37_zps

Great ( and very rare) r8 variant this. Loved my tenure of it the highlight of which was a road trip from Devon to the far north of the Highlands and back.post-4673-0-26663100-1453148216_thumb.jpgpost-4673-0-37952400-1453148305_thumb.jpgpost-4673-0-28356300-1453148372_thumb.jpgpost-4673-0-54464400-1453148463_thumb.jpgpost-4673-0-94182300-1453148512_thumb.jpg

Like some Internet stalker I made a big lever arch file of history for it by getting all the threads about the journeys and repairs made through various shiters hands. Hopefully this is still with the car. My fave 'travelogue' was Mr B driving it to Germany to pick up the sawn off front of a Maserati. I also added the infamous " powertrain by bollox" plaque to the engine. Looking through the pics again makes me tempted to re acquire it!

Rover Group- A* one of your better efforts. WUD recommendz

Like some Internet stalker I made a big lever arch file of history for it by getting all the threads about the journeys and repairs made through various shiters hands. Hopefully this is still with the car. ......Looking through the pics again makes me tempted to re acquire it!

Yes all of that information is still in the lever arch file alongside receipts etc. I know Phil had a fair bit of work done to it, I will dig the file out shortly and update with what has been done to it recently.

Buying it back makes muchos sense, you know that.

I'm in a North too, but not that one. Northern Thailand at the moment, and will be for some time yet. That's my excuse for now.

The next AS-er to take this on can rest-assured this vehicle comes with the Joe_Cleland stamp of approval.

It's proper bo, I tell thee.

Are you offering cheap Thai holidays to fellow shiters young Krujoe?

Sorry for the threadjack John K.

I have sent him a message about this as will defo have it if its still available whilst I save up to repair the Jag. Don't really want to take the Jag off the road as I love it but its had a busy 8k in 7 months under my stewardship and needs 4 new tyres, brakes and I don't know what else and I am brassic. This will be ideal as a runabout in the meantime at the cost of 2 Jag tyres as I save up for stuff on the jag as the ticket has already expired.

Will also try and sort out the rust for the next custodian.

Its not an auto like I wanted due to my knee but its not at the other end of the country either and as a bonus I can wang it on my classic policy.

Are you offering cheap Thai holidays to fellow shiters young Krujoe?

Aye why not Dave? If you're serious, pm me or send us an email with your ideas on  kruj 123 at g mail dot com (without the spaces, obvs.) Book ahead for flights under £400.

PS Scotty: Do it.