'84 gamble

pogweasel

Good result, Pog, I hope RG is right... seller says he got it off eBay, but has a big zero feedback... either lying, been banned, or forgot all his passwords. :?

Or using someone elses account like a few at work do with mine, as I'm desk bound and can moniter listings. Not everyone on Ebays at it

Whats the worst that can happen? Its not a huge amount of money so if it turns out to be a dog you can write it off and chalk it up to experience. Although Mrs Pog might not be so keen on the new driveway decoration.

Prob'ly a Mk2, but I think these early ones have a bit of kudos with Mk2 GTI fans, something to do with the P-slots and exhaust cutout on the rear panel or somesuch (frantically remembering random bits of Danny Hopkins column from PC years back). For £92, if it's a dog it'll still break for a few quid plus weighing of the shell. If it's any good you could MOT it and make a few more quid that way...but I do wonder, even with zero feedback, it ain't difficult for the fella to "lift" the old eBay ad pics, unless he bought it > 3 months ago.Keep us posted - looks like you're having to pick it up today anyway, according to the ad? We need pics, my good man.

Mk2's came out on a 83 'A' so will defo be a Mk2 but a nice early one which was not loaded with bits and still had the 112bhp motor.. should/could have the original mk1 style strips rather than black rubber stips on the lower half of the doors, and even the early interior...

this is a early mk2, this has the uber rare 2 lamp GTI grille..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

as Mk1 GTI's are now fetching silly money it wont be long for the near 30 year Mk2 (especially an early version) to also fetch a good premium

just my 2p :oops::lol:

How on earth did he think it was going to sell for anywhere near decent money with such a level of detail in the advert. All he knows about it is that there's over 100k on the clock and he's the 11th owner. Brilliant!Be hard to lose with that though, strip the trim out and crush the shell if it's that bad but if it's Atlas Grey it's quite a favoured colour and you'll be able to sell doors, tailgate etc for a few quid, it'll have the nice stripy seats too which always fetch a bob or three.